“Booked hotel. Still good service”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We knew going into the trip that we were going to be challenged because all of the hotels in Gainesville were going to be full for movein week. We received a call earlier in the day that the hotel was under renovation so I was mentally prepared for a few challenges. Upon arriving late that night, for a 3-night stay, we were put in a smoky hotel room. Not pleased, I spoke with Darnell, one of the best front desk agents I have met. We didn't have much of a choice because the hotel was 100% booked. I spoke with the agent the next morning (different person) and she acted surprised that there was a room that someone had smoked in. She was going to use a machine to try to clear the air, but instead using FEBREEZE! Anyone who has asthma and has problems with cigarette smoke is definitely going to have problems if you empty a can of Febreeze in the room. After my husband had a conversation, she was able to quickly find another room for us to stay in. After that, our stay was great! Darnell was amazing. It would be great if all of their agents were like him. He was the only one that smiled and made eye contact the entire three days we were there. I will definitely be willing to give them another try after the remodel is complete.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

I sincerely apologize about the room you were placed in, our housekeepers work hard to keep all of our rooms clean but unfortunately there are those guests who feel they can bend the rules. I'm glad to hear that Darnell's customer service was top notch and I will be sure to let him know! Thankfully we were able to switch you to a new room and I hope you were pleased with the quality that you should have gotten when you checked in! We would be more than happy to accommodate you the next time you are in the area! Please call me at 352-376-0004 or email me at 43rdstreetdos@gmail.com if you have any comments, questions, concerns or if you would like to make another reservation! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

When I booked this hotel there was no disclosure that they are under renovation. I literally had to step over the tile crew to get checked in. They asked me to fill out a form for bonus points that included the name E mail and phone numbers of colleagues. This is a huge breach of etiquette and causes my loss of faith in this hotel. The internet is impossibly slow. The room feels and smells damp. Maybe it will be better once renovations are complete but I won't find out.

I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We apologize for the lack of notice of our remodel, we posted notifications on all booking channels and called guests 1 day prior to their arrival to inform them as well. Unfortunately there is never a good time to undergo a renovation and we apologize about the inconvenience. As for the form the you were asked to fill out, this was an optional form to fill out so that we can get more information from our guests as to what brings them to Gainesville. This is not a breach of personal information since this form was given to us to use by the IHG corporate sales office. The section which asks for your colleagues information was optional and would only be used to inform them of the rates and amenities that they can receive by staying at our hotel and it makes it easier on businesses to receive invoices from 1 hotel rather than multiple. We are sorry that all of this made you feel that you do not wish to come back, but I encourage you to stay with us once our remodel is finished so that you can see what a great hotel we really are. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns please call me at 352-376-0004 or email me at gnvswgroups@aol.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed at the Holiday inn during University of Florida “Preview” orientation session at the end of June. The place is very nice and the staff is friendly. The hotel is located off the main road and set back behind a gas station and by a restaurant. The room was nice, clean, quiet with a flat screen TV. The breakfast area was large enough and a good variety of breakfast items. The location is great for anything associated with the University of Florida, which is only about 3.5 miles away. There are major department & grocery stores less than one mile - along with all types of restaurants. We will be back again in August for UF move-in

Room Tip: all non-first floor rooms tend to quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Gainesville Florida!We are happy that you enjoyed our location and we agree that were the perfect spot for all University of Florida events! Please call us at 352-376-0004 when you need to make your next reservations and we would be happy to accommodate you!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Gainesville for several days. The room was great, the bed quite comfy, pillow choices terrific. They gave us a couple bottles of water daily, such a no e small extra. Also love the free cookies at 5:30. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby all day. Nice plus. The breakfast was ok. The omelet was crunchy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Gainesville Florida! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of our awesome amenities! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Gainesville area, Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything!

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while having Dr visits at Shands. Great hotel. They give special rates for ppl seeing Dr at Shands Hospital which is so appreciated. Rooms were clean . Staff very friendly and free breakfast was very good. Nothing to complain about at all !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business