All reviews front desk wood floors basic room a pet friendly hotel per night would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable continental breakfast non smoking first floor great customer service monica clarence carpet pets target hairdryer
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Roof inn, in most part to the hotel clerk named alex. The rooms were quaint, and the beds were comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel for people heading to Gainseville.

Room tip: Ask for alex
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2015

For the price, on a football weekend (all rooms in the city are overpriced for home football games) the room was fine. The wife and kid weren't thrilled with the double beds (now that they are old enough they think they need queen beds). The room was clean and we could hear any noise form I-75

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Booked the suite based upon reviews here and was not disappointed. Wood floors, two rooms separated by french doors with microwave, fridge and nice tv's in both rooms. Great price for rooms comparable to the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown where we have often stayed.

Room tip: Suites are worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We stayed here because the reviews were good and it was affordable.

The biggest drawback though is the fact that the internet is super slow. We had business we needed to attend to but the internet was too slow to get anything done.

The room appeared clean but later found an unknown substance on the lampshade. Which would've probably gone unnoticed except the internet was so slow that I just started to look around while I was waiting. The wood flooring is pretty unique, and the place looks more modern than a few other hotels I've stayed at in the area. The location is decent, there's a lot of food/shopping nearby.

As for the air conditioning, it really leaves the room with stale air somehow.

The plus along with renovations or a more modern look, there's an abundance of easily accessible outlets.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I stayed a night here for business. On a good road near lots of food options and near I-75.

I stayed in a larger room and it was above average for a Red Roof Inn. Lots of space and wood floor were nice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business