“Anytime day or night!”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I do work regularly in Gainesville and have stayed at a few hotels in town over the years. I have always had good, comfortable, restful stays at RR. Whether planned in advance or like what happened recently in June, where I had to stay in town over night, at the last minute. RR is always an accommodating, clean and dependable place to go! They just remodeled recently, btw... called them around midnight and night shift manager, "Dennis from Tampa" was very helpful and gave a very reasonable rate when he could have gouged me like most hotels do when they have someone who desperately needs a place for the night. I can always count of RR and will continue to go there on my future business ventures. Thanks Dennis!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear JDImperial,
We are extremely happy to read your review. Thank you so much for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you found an excellent value in our rooms. We continuously strive to offer clean rooms and excellent value in the area. I will share your review with Dennis and the rest of the team. I appreciate you and I cannot wait to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I tried a couple of other Hotels in the vicinity, but went back to the RR this weekend. ALL the staff were great, especially Monica and Gloria. I do wish one day they would give a free breakfast, even if it is wrapped muffins and pastries from the store. Also you have to pay to use the lobby computer.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the Intersate
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Vic P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor and for the 5 stars. I am glad Monica and Gloria were great. I will share your comments with them and the rest of our team. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Gainesville.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Although I found the staff very friendly, I did not get the room I thought I was going to get. I made reservation through Trip Advisor, but they passed off the reservation to Hotels.com. That is where the train ran off the rails. I was quoted a price for a room that was supposed to have fridge, coffee maker, and Microwave and breakfast. The price quoted on Trip Advisor was $76.00 or so. I called the hotel several days ahead to make sure my reservation was still confirmed. When I got to Gainesville and checked in, the price jumped $ 10.00 and the room was without fridge or microwave. Also the only "breakfast " was self serve coffee, no coffee maker in the room as advertised on Trip Advisor. When I asked, I was told it was a room offered to booking companies for discounted prices. I paid more for a discounted room! My advice; don't use Trip Advisor to book rooms. You will be disappointed and be the subject of bait and switch tactics.
I will say that the room was clean and staff was efficient. No problem with the service, just with the false promises by Trip Advisor.
I have been an avid reviewer with Trip Advisor for some years now and rely on their reviews a lot. Just have learned an important lesson when booking a room. Deal with the hotel direct. The other booking agencies have all the control. When I tried to upgrade my stay in Gainesville, it was derailed because the reservation was made by Hotels. Com. I basically had to give up my confirmed reservations and take a chance that an upgraded room was available. Of course there would be another $8.00 per night price increase, making my room costing $18.00 more than my original Trip Advisor price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear Stew H,
Thank you for your review and for recognizing my staff. They work so hard in providing clean rooms and superior guest service. I am sorry you had issues with your reservation. I will suggest you give them a call for more details. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Very adequate and clean but I hadn't done my homework and was very bummed out that I paid that much with no breakfast.

Seems they are pushing upgrades and I guess if you pay enough you can get some juice and a granola bar.

Probably be a weak moment when I book the next Red Roof.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Terry L,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that you found our location clean. We try to offer our guests the best value in the area with our accommodations and price. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Gainesville.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Room was very clean, front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Most secure Inn I have stayed at. Lobby is locked at night and you need your room key to enter. No complaints . Would have likes coffee in our room. But not a big deal. They have it in the lobby.

Room Tip: Very economical.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear cab050950,
We truly appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We are so glad that you have enjoyed our renovated, clean, comfortable room with friendly and helpful staff. It is always wonderful to read positive feedbacks like yours. Yes we do offer coffee and tea in the lobby all day. We also have upgraded rooms with coffee inside the rooms. Again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you soon.