I've reviewed this hotel before and stay here often. This is not the best hotel in Gainesville, but what they lack in some respects compared to other hotels, they make up in customer service. Unbeknownst to me, this visit turned out to be during the UF graduation weekend when all hotels were full and prices higher than normal. As an aside, all restaurants were also filled to capacity with long lines.
I called the hotel in advance to reserve our favorite room and my request was put in the reservation notes. I also called on the morning of my check-in to confirm the room and was assured it was reserved. Upon check-in at about 3:00 PM I was informed that the room was not vacated and, therefore, unavailable. That's when Destiny, the front desk clerk, sprung into action. She spoke with her manager and offered to show me two comparable rooms one of which was almost identical to our favorite. We accepted the room. Over the course of our stay I had occasion to make several special requests which were always granted. Even bottles of water were offered to "cool me off." The room was clean and everything was in working order.
Honestly, Destiny's attitude was always "how can I say yes and make this guest happy?" Her manager also went out of her way to accommodate us and other staff were equally friendly and helpful.
Some of my suggestions for improvement include:
Consider non-packaged breakfast items such as the egg omelets, e.g.
Bring back the popcorn which used to be available in rooms.
What could have been a disappointing stay was turned into a very positive one by the attitude and action of the staff who are dedicated to satisfied guests. That's why I stay here and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel in Florida is an upscale, all-suite hotel situated off I-75 at Exit 384 not far from the University of Florida. We are conveniently located in Gainesville's popular restaurant row area, where guests will find excellent dining options and a variety of other local tourist attractions nearby. The Homewood Suites Gainesville hotel features 103 suites, including 11 two-room and 46 one-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas, along with 46 studios. Each of our spacious suites offers all the comforts of home and a great range of amenities that you deserve for a short or extended stay in Gainesville, including: * Fully-equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker * Two televisions * DVD player * Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access * Two phones with data ports * Iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Join us for excellent guest accommodations and quality temporary housing. Our professional and friendly staff is available 24-hours a day to make sure you have a splendid stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel. Make Yourself at Home!® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Homewood Gainesville
- Gainesville Homewood Suites