“Great location with great menu”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #15 of 621 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This downtown Gainesville restaurant is situated in a perfect spot with outdoor seating. The menu is extensive, and the service is prompt and friendly. It will become one of our favorite spots when we’re in town.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I love this place! Good food, music and service. I live for the steak and greens, it's a wonderful combination.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

So i hear about this "New Orleans" style seafood restaurant and bar down the street from where I'm staying, so naturally being a Bayou Boy I gotta check it out. MAN I'm glad I did!

Gumbo was on point and just the right amount of spicy (although the gal behind the bar DID offer up some hot sauce.) I took a spoonful and decided it didn't need anything else. Just the right consistency, okra pieces not too obvious (for those who don't like okra), and a real cajun flavor that would make the Big Easy proud.

After dinner you can stroll around the old downtown area and see a LOT of college students, older folks, families...just a great area and really good food, too. Gotta say, it's already one of my favorite places in town from the jump.

As usual, I am neither being reimbursed for my opinion nor do I have any ties to the restaurant. This is a completely honest and unsolicited opinion from a weary traveler to my fellow road warriors.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A New Orleans style restaurant with a decent menu. Seemed to be a popular place so we sat at the bar, which we often prefer to do anyways. Service was prompt, beer selection was good and the food hit the spot. Also, had pleasant conversation with two separate travelers as a bonus.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We found this restaurant by luck while traveling North after a cruise in Tampa FL. A search on the iPad showed this as a place my wife, a salad lady, and me, a hamburger guy could both enjoy. Their menu was varied and well written. MY wife got a salad with shrimp. And I got the Harry's Hamburger which took both hands to handle. The service and the food were excellent.