“Mmmm...not ”

Gator Hotel and Suites
Gator Hotel and Suites
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Served its purpose- basically stayed here 1 night because everywhere else in Gainesville was sold out. More than likely would not stay here again. Location is pretty good. Seems like it's under construction, very loud late at night. Room was clean.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank dedeau

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Per the receipt this is still Days Inn and it is disgusting, we arrived late to see my daughter in law who was down the street at the hospital. They claim to be not smoking, well our room had ashes behind the night stand and the room was masted with perfume to cover the smoke smell once in the bed you could smell it in the sheet and pillows. Now the really disgusting part in the bathroom on the toilet and floor was feces, yes that is right I didn't misspell it. Not a lot but it was nasty. I called the front desk and explained what we had just walked into and the answer was I'll make a note of it. I used the towel and the shampoo and hand soap to wash things so my wife would use the facilities, which she still lined with paper. The stuff on the floor I covered with another towel. I took pictures and presented this to the desk in the morning to the manager. It was like OK i'll give you $10.00 off see you later. What the -------- I would highly recommend not to use this place at all and the free breakfast they didn't have that out either we left at 8:00 am. If this place is Gator Hotel running under the name of Days Inn or haven't changed over their name yet it doesn't matter we were treated like so what deal with it. I'm sorry for being so harsh but I just don't want you out there to have to go through this.

Room Tip: If you want a cheap hotel but nicer La Quinta is where we stayed the following nights
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Jim W
Management response:Responded 16 December 2016

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Your concerns have been shared with our housekeeping and front desk staff. I can assure you that we do everything possible to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience while they stay with us. ‎As you saw, we are finishing a complete renovation of the hotel right now. We would like to invite you back for your next stay in Gainesville so you can experience all the great changes we've made.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

The room was very clean and attractive for the most part, with nice towels and coffee maker, quiet AC -- a huge improvement over the Days Inn rooms. However, very old desk (with a broken piece lying on the floor), dresser, and mini fridge that didn't cool well. There was no phone book, no blanket, no chain lock on the door and the nearest ice machine was out of order. Neither I nor the desk clerk could figure out how to work the bathtub stopper, so they did give me a little discount. Breakfast was fair.

Room Tip: The back side was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank coquina2
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is being renovated, and by the looks of the lobby, it should be much nicer. The staff was friendly enough, but sticklers about cutting off the continental breakfast at 9am sharp. This is not a good deal for the price, but was probably more than usual since it was a game weekend. I would stay again, if it was a game weekend and the options were limited.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jupitereyes
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Formerly a Days Inn ( evidenced by the DI sign simply being half-assed smudged over but you can still read it ), we drove by it 3 times trying to find it because their small pilon sign only has a temporary banner over the old DI sign and it was falling off. The lobby and breakfast area is extremely Spartan and sterile in appearance. The room we had was in Motel 6 motif so not very nice. Bed was just ok. If this is cheaper than everything else and your not picky...book it. Definitely a step up from the Motel 6 on Newberry Rd.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family