Comfort Inn University(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$76
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$80
Home2.com
US$105
US$98
Doubletree.com
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$84
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$98
US$93
Priceline
US$90
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$93
BestWestern.com
US$124
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Per the receipt this is still Days Inn and it is disgusting, we arrived late to see my daughter in law who was down the street at the hospital. They claim to be not smoking, well our room had ashes behind the night stand and the room was masted with perfume to cover the smoke smell once in the bed you could smell it in the sheet and pillows. Now the really disgusting part in the bathroom on the toilet and floor was feces, yes that is right I didn't misspell it. Not a lot but it was nasty. I called the front desk and explained what we had just walked into and the answer was I'll make a note of it. I used the towel and the shampoo and hand soap to wash things so my wife would use the facilities, which she still lined with paper. The stuff on the floor I covered with another towel. I took pictures and presented this to the desk in the morning to the manager. It was like OK i'll give you $10.00 off see you later. What the -------- I would highly recommend not to use this place at all and the free breakfast they didn't have that out either we left at 8:00 am. If this place is Gator Hotel running under the name of Days Inn or haven't changed over their name yet it doesn't matter we were treated like so what deal with it. I'm sorry for being so harsh but I just don't want you out there to have to go through this.

Room Tip: If you want a cheap hotel but nicer La Quinta is where we stayed the following nights
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Jim W
Management response:Responded 16 December 2016

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Your concerns have been shared with our housekeeping and front desk staff. I can assure you that we do everything possible to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience while they stay with us. ‎As you saw, we are finishing a complete renovation of the hotel right now. We would like to invite you back for your next stay in Gainesville so you can experience all the great changes we've made.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

The room was very clean and attractive for the most part, with nice towels and coffee maker, quiet AC -- a huge improvement over the Days Inn rooms. However, very old desk (with a broken piece lying on the floor), dresser, and mini fridge that didn't cool well. There was no phone book, no blanket, no chain lock on the door and the nearest ice machine was out of order. Neither I nor the desk clerk could figure out how to work the bathtub stopper, so they did give me a little discount. Breakfast was fair.

Room Tip: The back side was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank coquina2
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is being renovated, and by the looks of the lobby, it should be much nicer. The staff was friendly enough, but sticklers about cutting off the continental breakfast at 9am sharp. This is not a good deal for the price, but was probably more than usual since it was a game weekend. I would stay again, if it was a game weekend and the options were limited.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jupitereyes
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Formerly a Days Inn ( evidenced by the DI sign simply being half-assed smudged over but you can still read it ), we drove by it 3 times trying to find it because their small pilon sign only has a temporary banner over the old DI sign and it was falling off. The lobby and breakfast area is extremely Spartan and sterile in appearance. The room we had was in Motel 6 motif so not very nice. Bed was just ok. If this is cheaper than everything else and your not picky...book it. Definitely a step up from the Motel 6 on Newberry Rd.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 17 October 2016

In the hotel's defense, we stayed during Hurricane Matthew. But we paid full price and NEVER had any housekeeping. And I'm 90% sure we were given used sheets as they felt gritty and I found a toothpick in the bed! Altho we had a reservation, we had to wait until 5pm to get our room. While we waited 2 hours in the lobby where that morning's continental breakfast was located, no staff member even checked on the lobby area where cereal & bread etc was still on the tables & floor. We could tolerate the construction drills, but dirty sheets and zero housekeeping of our room for the entire 3 nights????? The problem is not the hotel...it was the staff training. I certainly DON'T require a friendly "bubbly" staff, but how about someone picking up the trash in the parking lot, on the stairs, in the lobby, and in my actual room?!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pam C
Management response:Responded 18 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we value our guests opinions this gives us the opportunity to better serve our guests. I am truly sorry you were not please with your stay with us. Hurricane Matthew was a busy time for us, though this is no excuse for the experience you had and I will discuss the issues you mentioned above with my staff. We are currently renovating the hotel inside and out and hope that you consider us if you travel through Gainesville again. We would like the opportunity to make things right with you.