Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$82.00
from US$144.26
from US$153.80
More Info
All reviews captain ed marco island shelling tour saw dolphins bird watching great tour sand dollars baby dolphin beautiful birds interesting things awesome guide knew where private tour family members sea shells different types low tide
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Nate and Ray were great tour guides! My small boys loved the dolphins. Very knowledgeable about the dolphins as well as the history of Marco Island. Excellent tour thank you!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

The trip was overbooked. There were 6 passengers and only 4 seats. One passenger grabbed a seat for her daughter who came later by putting her phone or purse on a seat. My husband and I had to squeeze into a “seat” that was a sort of ledge in front of the boat’s steering wheel. Since we are neither young nor thin, we sat in that cramped way for the next hour until we reached the island for the shells. Captain Ed would not let anyone sit behind him because he was afraid someone might fall off the boat. He clearly preferred not to get involved and to let the passengers deal with the seat shortage by grabbing what they could or simply be uncomfortable.

Ed is clearly very skilled and knowledgeable about the wildlife but I was put off by the way the tour operator and the captain seemed to take it for granted that it was not necessary to provide even something as basic as a separate seat for each passenger.

If you book a trip with this operator, please be aware that you may be forced to share seats.

Date of experience: April 2021
Paradise33736167293, Owner at Marco Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I am sorry for this. The console seat is a double/tandem seat. We have never had an issue or comment about seating ever. I am sorry that you were uncomfortable. However, the Captain's decision not to have anyone behind him is
appropriate and one that I support 110%. His primary responsibility is your safety. He/She MUST focus their attention forward to avoid obstacles, other boats and marine life.

Hopefully, other than the seating, the dolphins, ospreys, manatees, wading birds and the shelling was enjoyable!

Reviewed 31 March 2021

We loved seeing all the dolphins and birds. We had a great time while looking for shells . We had the perfect amount of time. We had a great time until the end . Our captain was very rude when I got sand in the boat. I tried rinsing it off but I didn’t get it all off because I was holding my sandals and purse in my hands . When I got in the boat and was able to put my things down , I tried to rinse my feet again . Our captain said “ don’t bother rinsing now , you didn’t care about it when you got on the boat.” I wish he would have told me when i first got on the boat to make sure my feet were clean and not said some rude comment in front of everyone 5 minutes later. He was then rude to me the rest of the trip. I went on the trip on Monday the 29th from 11 to 1.

1  Thank juliewI1723FQ
Paradise33736167293, Owner at Marco Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

I am sorry for this, but glad that you had a good time on the tour. Spring break is stressfull on us all. Tours are non-stop and we all get tired and, apparently, cranky. We do try to keep sand out of the boats as much as we can to avoid sand blasting everyone on board on the ride home. I am sorry for this. There is no excuse for rudeness. Please accept my applogy.
Charles

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We absolutely LOVED every second of our boat trip with Captain Ed!! We were the only ones on the boat and he was awesome with our two children. He even took extra time to look for a manatee for our daughter. He walked with us on the beach to find shells too!
Having the dolphins play in the wake of the boat was amazing...he made sure I got great pictures and videos.
What a great experience :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Date of experience: March 2021

Thanks for the review. See you again, hopefully

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Great dolphin and shelling experience. Our boat captain was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and wildlife

Date of experience: March 2021

Thanks for doing a review