“An Unforgettable Asian Culinary Brunch”
Review of Etaru

Etaru
Reserve with OpenTable
Etaru is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Restaurant. Bar. Beach club. Contemporary Japanese robatayaki inspired by Japan's northern coastal fishermen and their on-boat charcoal-grilled fish, shared with one another via outstretched oars.
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This restaurant is just amazing ... we could not be happier. The best sushi, dumplings and soup all-you-can-eat buffet you can imagine. You get to select your main course from the menu which is amazing - I had the tempura shrimp, my husband had the skirt steak teriyaki, and my son had the sweet-and-sour salmon. One cocktail upon arrival and all the wine you want throughout the meal ... perfect! I had the lychee martini ... yum! And, then, came the dessert, an insanely large tray of all kinds of sweets and fruits. You will love this place .... and it was not full thus, great and fast service.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Rose all day all day
Whiskey bar , cigars hand rolled for Dads
Best view during dining in Florida, a must see
Food is incredible... location was busy and that did cause slower service.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

OUTSTANDING!!!! THE BEST JAPANESE RESTAURANT EVER! Ask for Paul, the waiter, more like a food specialist, he is amazing. A great person, cultured, passionate, very gifted in his art. Besides the amazing service, the food is phenomenal, and the place is dreamy! Highly recommend this place, very impressive at every level, high standards, and relatively affordable for this type of high end restaurant. Will go back when possible, BEST OF MIAMI RIGHT THERE!
Thanks for the remarkable experience at ETARU, waiters, cooks, bus boys, hostess and so on..

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful location that took over Hyde Kitchen and Cocktails location in Hallendale Beach. I was so happy to have that location not go to waste as it is amazing property right on the beach. Hyde was hit and miss with the food and service was never good. I am happy to say that both were 5 stars at Etaro. We did the coursing menu and added the Wagu which was delicious although not sure the price was worth it for me but my husband is a Chef and said it wad appropriate for the portion. See my pictures for the food as it was fresh and outstanding as it looked. The special dessert platter was visually a winner but not so much for my tastes but I am a purest when it comes to desserts.
A couple of criticisms, put yellow light bulbs in the table lamps this will help not attract bugs. We had an issue with Termites landing on the table our food and drinks. The manager turned on the fans but then that made it cold and was messing with my outfit. I asked her to turn down but she said it keeps the mosquito away. She very nicely offered me a shawl twice to keep me warm but I would have preferred she turn the fans down to medium at least. On the positive side I was very impressed with her table visit and hospitality, definitely a keeper!
The menu says happy hour specialty cocktails from a certain time but wewere charged full price didn’t realize till we got home but my husband said he
probably would not have had a 3rd drink at full price.
Overall we will definitely return but it is a little pricey for every day dining

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This place was nothing short of amazing for mothers day brunch. Aside from the fact that it is located in a beautiful location (right on the beach) the food and presentation never fails and service is very much on par. Ever since the new management (Zuma) took over it has been steadily and rapidly climbing up. The new manager is very personable, knowledgable, attentive and very hands on with clients. They made mothers day very memorable by the outstanding service, food and giving out little bottles of champagne and truffles was a wonderful touch that definitely didn't go unnoticed!

Date of visit: May 2018