“Good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Providing an exquisite menu that features true American cuisine in a hip environment, Island Gourmet Grill creates palate teasing dishes that guests will enjoy. Island Gourmet Grill is under new ownership. With its clean, Florida atmosphere meshed with traditional yet slightly modern dishes, Island Gourmet Grill is a fantastic choice for dinner with friends or a romantic date with a loved one, and the service and visually appealing atmosphere will surely entice guests to come back for more. Al Fresco dining is also available along with a full bar.Not only does Island Gourmet Grill offer a beautiful dining environment, but the cuisine is fantastic. Some modern Italian classics accompany array of fresh seafood, steak, chicken dishes and delicious hand made pizzas.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Called in for a late dinner and were greeted by friendly smiling staff. Service was good and the food met our expectations. The tuna was perfectly cooked and the calzone pizza had the best crust I’ve ever had. Would definitely go back to try more pizzas.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

My husband and I ended up here on a whim on the last night of our 10 day vacation on the island. I am an avid trip advisor researcher and had not remembered reading about the Island Gourmet so I did not have high expectations. Oh my goodness, was I wrong!
We ordered the pear and prosciutto pizza which was absolutely delicious! We loved the thin crust - it was so tasty and the toppings were yummy and were added to the top in just the right amount. The caesar salad was also very good. Our waiter, Josh, was laid back, so pleasant and very attentive. After I requested tastings of 3 different wines before I made a choice, he even brought a 4th wine for me to taste as he thought it was especially good. It was a delightful and delicious evening and we will be back next year when visiting the island!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

After 2 weeks in Florida, this was in the top 10% in terms of both food and service. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We ordered food at 5pm for a family of 4 this evening.
Food arrived at 550. Unfortunately the calamari was tasteless and soggy. The kid’s fries and fried shrimp were the same. The pizzas were just fine.
Really disappointed as I’m sure the food is good as read in other reviews. Just a pricy takeaway that was under par tonight .

Scott S, Owner at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

I am really sorry to hear of your disappointment. Please when you make it back to the area let me know so that I may make it up to you. I wish you would have called that night as we never want any customer to be dissatisfied. Thank you for your comments. I will make it a topic in our weekly meetings. Thanks again Scott

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Just checked my 2014 review. Mentioned that the new owner Scott was working to achieve a 'great' restaurant. I believe he has achieved it! He has expanded his bar to include a full range of alcohol. It would be perfect, if he now added a couple 'draft' beers! I had the veal piccata which was A+. Note: the veal was tender; which is very unusual. My wife had mahi-mahi made with a pesto & lemon butter sauce. Our server was very good; he will remember me, because I mentioned he could forget the beer bottle; he brought me the 'bottled' beer to the table, in a glass!! In this manner, it resembles a 'draft' beer. Visit and enjoy your evening.

Thank you for your kind words. We love the 5 stars... Scott