“Great Place on Anna Maria Island!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
SLPinChic...
“Did not meet our expectations”
Reviewed 20 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I and our grade-school kiddos and new baby along with both of our parents booked this house for five days. We were so excited about it from the pictures and reviews, but it was disappointing for some different reasons. See below.

Pros:
-Large house, four big rooms
rooms, three big bathrooms
-Good location, close to free trolley stop
-We saw manatees in the dock across the street

Cons:
-The pool pump was broken and we were not told about this before we arrived. We had to keep asking April what was going on and when it would be fixed. It was never fixed and we had to clean out the bugs and crabs. This was a deal breaker for us because we had young kids and this was the main reason we booked this house. We would have liked April to inform us before hand since she knew it broke the weekend before we arrived and offered us some sort of solution.
-There seemed to have been some sort of wedding party the weekend before we arrived and the oven was very dirty and dishes that needed to be cleaned before we could use them. There were dirty hand marks on the walls in places.
-Lightbulbs were out on two bathrooms, so we had to buy lightbulbs. We felt this was a little much. We didn't mind buying toilet paper, but lightbulbs? The house didn't seem to be ready so we had to take time out of our vacation to prep it. This was a huge con for us.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
25 Jun 2015
I sincerely apologize for your expectations not being exceeded. I pride myself on customer care and am disappointed in myself for not making you feel better about the situation. I found out about the pool pump over the weekend prior to your Tuesday afternoon check in and was under the impression by the pool service company that it was being handled by the pool builder due to pool pump being under warranty. The pool is only 8 months old and the pump was faulty, apparently, and is still under warranty. Anything that is within my scope of work gets handled immediately, including contacting the appropriate companies that handle certain issues. Not to point fingers or blame anyone else, however, the pool company who built the pool did not follow through as they were supposed to. I was unaware that it would take over a week for the warranty work to be completed. Some things are just out of my control. Had I known I would have let you know. I am working with the owner as to some type of compensation for your family for the inconvenience of the pool not running properly. I did all I could do on my end to handle the situation and I am truly sorry the pool company did not follow my lead and handle it in a timely fashion. I did make sure the pool service was done twice that week so the pool could be used. They provided service the day of your check in and the day after you checked in. The crabs and bugs are native to Florida and are impossible to get rid of, especially when you have an open pool without being screened in. Guests typically just scoop them out with the pool screen provided.

Our housekeepers are exceptional and they know now where they failed to meet your expectations. New guidelines have been put into place for them to follow. The home is bright during the day and since they clean during the day they do not turn lights on and so the light bulbs being burnt out was an oversight. They now know to turn all the lights on and check for burnt out bulbs. Again, I sincerely apologize that you had to purchase light bulbs and we will reimburse you with provided receipt if you have one. The cleaning crew stocks the home with plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, laundry soap, dish soap, etc.

We do hope you visit us again in the future and see that this home is not neglected and that I am a pleasure to work with. We have many return guests every year and this is a very popular home to book. Take care and I will be talking with you soon. Thank you for your review.

April Shook/Anthony Beach Cottages
brickhous...
Buffalo
“Great Place on Anna Maria Island!”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

First I want to thank the manager, April, for being helpful in arranging for my family and I to stay at this property at the last minute. She was really amazing to work with. The home was even better than pictured, we were impressed by the size, cleanliness, and location. Such a short walk to the beach. We would most definately stay here again. The only thing I would hope for next time is a newer gas grill!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
9 Feb 2015
It was my pleasure to assist with your vacation stay. Thank you for letting me know about the gas grill as we have purchased a brand new one. I look forward to your next visit!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing