“Wasted potential ”

Jake's Coastal Cantina
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Fresh Mex made to order as you watch! Tacos, burritos, tamales and more, we use only the freshest ingredients and are known for our fast and friendly team. Whether you dine in or take your meal to the beach, we will see you soon! Don't forget to try out one of our speciality margaritas with over 20 tequilas to choose from! Part of the Original Crabby Bill's Family Brands
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

I have been to the old Jake’s Cantina location across the street several times and always thought it was good for the price and what it was. However since the new Jake’s has moved into the old Lulu’s building I have been twice and have been disappointed both times. The street corn I used to love was ice cold both times which was a huge turn off and the rest of the food is very mediocre and didn’t seem very quality even for the fairly cheap prices. Also the ordering system is very strange as I did not receive my “food is ready” text until I had left the building...not surprised to see the parking lot is never even half full when I drive by almost every day..very disappointing

Date of visit: January 2021
Carley R., Marketing at Jake's Coastal Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Andrew, we are truly sorry to see we left you disappointed, especially after so many great experiences with us. We work hard to source only the best ingredients and apologize your dishes did not reach your table as intended. If ever something is not to your liking, please don't hesitate to let a manager know so our team can immediately work to make things right.
I would like to look further into this and would appreciate if you would email me at carley@crabbybills.com with more details about your visit (date/time, receipt #, last 4 digits of the card used for payment if applicable, etc.). With more information, we will be better able to address and correct the issues you experienced.
We hope for the opportunity to serve you again and show you the great experience you are used to.
Carley - Brands Manager

Write a reviewReviews (393)

Reviewed 3 March 2021

This was not their finest moment - by far. Good drinks, friendly service, but oh-so slow. From the moment we ordered (for two) until our number being called at the counter, it took one hour, 10 minutes on a Tuesday night - won't find out if it's worse on a weekend, because we don't plan to return,
Tacos were at best average - not warm enough and the grouper was tough. It isn't our nature to be this critical, but this wasn't acceptable

Date of visit: March 2021
Carley R., Marketing at Jake's Coastal Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

TLG48230, we are so sorry to hear we left you disappointed. We strive to provide our guests with a delicious meal and excellent service. We apologize we did not accomplish our goals during your visit. I would like to look further into this and would appreciate it if you would email me at carley@crabbybills.com with more details about your visit (date/time, receipt #, last 4 digits of the card used for payment if applicable, etc.). With more information, we will be better able to address and correct the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Relaxed and great food for the value! Plus Carley and everyone there work to make your experience great! We are hooked!

1  Thank Stloufeldy
Carley R., Marketing at Jake's Coastal Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Stloufeldy, thank you for dining with us and for the awesome review! WE are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful experience made possible by our team! We cannot wait to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

The two specials we wanted (advertised on large stand up boards in the parking lot) were unavailable, which was really disappointing. The tacos we ordered instead were ok. The empanadas were yummy but served without the sauce that was advertised on the menu. Margaritas were also good, but somehow the price jumped from $5 to $10 between my 1st and 2nd drink (even though it was ordered the same). Great potential and I really wanted to like it, but a lot of misses with execution that made this experience frustrating.

Date of visit: February 2021
Carley R., Marketing at Jake's Coastal Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Lauren, we are so sorry to hear we left you disappointed. What you've described is far below our standard and alarming. I would greatly appreciate additional information so I can look further into this. Please email me directly at carley@crabbybills.com with more details (date/time of visit, if you spoke to a manager, receipt number, etc.) With more information, I can better address and correct the issues you experienced. We hope to make things right and show you a much better experience.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

Jake's Cantina & the entire Loder family are simply the BEST! The food at Jake's is so fresh! You can tell they carefully make all the sauces & salsas from scratch. I even took some home! Excellent tequila bar, the cutest decor & good vibes!

1  Thank E5779HPjuliaz
Carley R., Marketing at Jake's Coastal Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Thank you for the awesome review, Julia! We truly appreciate your compliments and we hope to serve you again soon!