“A weird start to a really good meal”
Review of Cafe Des Artistes

Cafe Des Artistes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Des Artistes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 218 Restaurants in Jupiter
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: cafe des Artistes is a French bistro located on the intracoastal way in Jupiter. We feature traditional French food. we open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Tuesday and open for brunch on Sundays! We look forward to see you soon!
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This one started out just plain weird. We had Open Table reservations and no one acknowledged us when we walked in. The owner was drinking at the bar and someone pointed us out to him. He came over and when I said we had reservations he (I am not joking) picked up a scrap of paper with some names penciled on it and said we weren't on there. I pulled out my phone to show him our OT confirmation, and then he said oh, the manager takes care of all that. Wait for him over there. He literally left us standing in the middle of the place for five minutes until the manager came out, and then the manager said "I don't have a table for you, let me see what I can do." We decided to leave, and as we were turning to go, the manager came and seated us. Really, really strange and a terrible start to the dinner. Meanwhile, the food was actually really good as was our server. The french onion soup was just OK (dominated by thyme) but the steak frites and the scallops were great, as was the chocolate mousse. Super-cute patio right on the harbor. I would not recommend using Open Table for this restaurant, call instead so you can be penciled onto the scrap.

1  Thank mlnjordan

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The food, service and atmosphere is wonderful. Not a tourist trap. Mostly locals from nice area. Worth the money.
Very dog friendly for good dogs.....

1  Thank Judith L
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Café des artistes can sit you inside (rather small place) and outside. Whe had a party of eight and reserved for the outside. Temperatures were rather on the low side and people got cold. After a while a fire was lit but turned out of gas after 10 minutes. It took a lot of time before a new bottle of gas was found, meanwhile some of our companions started sneezing and were not happy at all.
So we were glad to find finaly some food and wine to warm us up.The kitchen is basically French but without the quality one can get in Paris or Brussels..Let's put it this way: good kitchen but far too expensive for what is offered. Service was rather poor and 20% tip was automatically added to the bill. That was very optimistic.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

we really had a wonderful dinner, we sat outside, beautiful night sorry I didn't take my phone in because I would of loved to take a few pictures of the night to post, my escargots were delicious, and the duck was cooked perfect, our server Courtney was so sweet and helpful with making our evening complete !!!!

1  Thank lpsparkle
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I used to come here often a few years back. Decided to try again and I think I will take a longer break this time. The views are great and the service excellent. The food was mediocre, even for this part of south Florida. The mediocre food would not have been such an issue if it was not for the ridiculous pricing.... My onion soup seemed to have a piece of supermarket bread in it and the cheese had been sitting there for a while. A number of us ordered steaks which were overcooked and the fries were burnt.

1  Thank Joe K
Sabine T, Owner at Cafe Des Artistes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hello,

I am sorry to hear your mediocre experience with your last order.
As you mentioned you had good experiences in the past with us.
The chef has been working with us for 8 years, preparing with success the same dishes and using the top quality products from the same suppliers.
We have built a strong reputation with our loyal customers for the last 11 years and received positive feedback every day including the day you came.
I would be very happy to welcome you again and give you satisfaction to forget this unique mediocre experience.
Regards
Philippe/Owner

Been to Cafe Des Artistes? Share your experiences!