“Dry/Stale and flavorless”

Nina's Fresh Bakery
Ranked #8 of 8 Dessert in Jupiter
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This bakery was recommended to me by a coworker, mentioning they had another branch she frequents. Well, I don't know about the bakery she visits, but Nina's Fresh is horrible.

The service was very lacking. Two young kids behind the counter, awkwardly standing there while I browsed the selection. Quite a large selection for the place looking like we were the only customers by 1 pm. I don't think half of what they had available was made 'fresh' over the past two days.

I ordered 5 of the most expensive cupcakes I've ever paid for, and when I got them home and had a bite with my family, we were all horribly disappointed. Nearly $20 for 5 cupcakes that were all stale or horribly dry. The frosting wasn't even a redeeming quality.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I stopped by Nina’s Fresh Bakery, Abacoa, in search of cupcakes. With DD’s out of business, I had a serious craving and was anxious to try a new bakery. The shop in Jupiter is adorable, and the posted menu offered some nice selections. I ordered my cupcake to go ignoring the temptation of the lovely croissants and other pastries. By the time, I got home, my taste buds were in overdrive Sadly, I was sorely disappointed. I read some reviews here on Trip Advisor that the cake was stale. It wasn't stale; it was so dry, it was crumbly. The oil used in the recipe did not help. It simply made the dry cake greasy. Less sugar and cake flour instead of AP would help. The small amount of buttercream was also too loose and lacked that delicate little “crust” that good buttercream usually has. I am looking forward to coming back and trying your other recipes, lunch too, but will have to pass on the cupcakes.

1  Thank Florida_Beach_Writer
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I come to Bakery often, lunches is absolutly delicious and fresh,call all my friends for cakes and coffee,everybody love it,good job Nina !!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I am currently 12 years old and my younger sister got a first communion cake from Nina's bakery. It is located in a great area and the inside is super clean and new! Nina and the other employees are SO nice and made the cake designing process a lot of fun for my sister! I loved how she got to combine details from other cakes to create her own cake! The employees made it really easy to transport the cake to our car and made sure it got to the party venue without any hassle! The cake was so beautiful and exactly how we wanted it! Everybody loved it and was wondering where it was from! When we're in the Abacoa area we love to stop by the bakery and get a pastry to eat! They are delicious! I highly recommend this place

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Contracted for a custom 8 inch birthday cake costing $58. Requested a fresh fruit filling instead of cream/chocolate in one of the layers due to the birthday-recipient's lactose allergy. When I arrived to collect the cake, I was informed the owner made a pricing mistake for the fruit filling in one layer, and was charged an additional amount. Also contracted for a fresh raspberry topping around the border, which included only four raspberries plus one more off the center to obscure a dent on the top of the cake. After the cake was cut at the party, I was mortified to see that the fruit filling for which I was charged was not between the layers, rather another layer of lactose laden cream and white chocolate was added. Unfortunately the birthday-recipient could not even eat her own cake. When I called Nina the following day, I was told there was a miscommunication, although all the instructions were clear on the official paperwork. This woman has no idea how to run a business or treat customers. We won't be back. Publix makes better and fresher cakes at 1/3rd the price.

2  Thank NY-LON-PB