There were both good and bad with this property. I would stay here again and feel that the owners are thoughtful.
Let's start with the good.
- Location is great. Easy walk to the beach on new wood deck walkway. Close to grocery store and other amenities.
- Secluded and quiet.
- Two separate units with a small center courtyard, for a total of 3 bedrooms allows for a lot of flexibility.
- Master bedroom bed was super comfortable. I slept like a baby and woke up well rested. This is one of my biggest issues with traveling - an uncomfortable bed. Very surprised at how comfortable this bed was.
- Kitchen was very well stocked with everything you could want.
- Plenty of towels. Yay!
- A lot of cleaning supplies, garbage bags etc.
- Everything was well marked. Beach towels etc.
- Has a garage for parking, a nice feature IMO.
- Furniture was comfortable and a nice large dining table.
- Check in was very easy.
- Property was decorated tastefully
- Good internet speed
- Reasonably good cell service with Verizon
- Has a water faucet to rinse sand off of your feet on the deck.
- When sitting on the deck the view is beautiful. Mainly the sand dunes with a slight view of the ocean horizon.
What I didn't like:
- Other beds in separate units were average with one bed mattress being noisy.
- Dumpster for trash is about 100 yards away and no clear explanation of where it is. It is at the very furthest end of Sandpiper Loop dr. Not the owners fault but still a bummer.
- No good area or designated area for using the Weber charcoal grill.
- Grill was full of ash and not ready for use.
- Sliding glass doors that are the main focal point from inside of the main living room and master bedroom have interior blinds that are closed and cannot be opened. All you have is one middle window to enjoy the view of the ocean and dunes. This was a real let down.
- Deck needs an umbrella. Mornings we didn't spend much time on the deck because the full sun was very hot and no shade available. An umbrella would make a big difference in using this beautiful outdoor space.
- Property needs updating. I know it is a large cost but if this were renovated I would give this property a 5 star rating and would be willing to pay more for our stay.
- Next door neighbor is a permanent resident. Did not meet the man but the elderly woman was not friendly. If you are staying on a Sunday be prepared to wake up early. They blasted music from 8:15am until noon.
We really liked the place. The beach was beautiful, not crowded, and the weather was perfect. The kitchen had everything that you would need. Everything was clean when we arrived and we felt very comfortable there.
One surprise we had was a non-harmful long black snake that crawled across the grass and surprised my friend. She screamed! We only saw him one time and we were OK with that.
Pleasant surprise was that we saw a rabbit when we were sitting on the deck. It was underneath the wooden walkway to the beach and we didn’t seem to bother him.
I would recommend Villa C to anyone.