All reviewsprivate beachplace to sleepwithin walking distancerooms are cleanlounge chairsmini fridgeplenty of chairspalm treesoff the beaten pathevery morningking bedlaid backtikioceanhairdryermarathonloungers
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here for a week during a business trip. Management at this motel is very friendly and very helpful with information about the surrounding area. Very quiet and peaceful with a beautiful view of the ocean and beachfront. The rooms are very clean. Prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: corner suites are vrey nice, large and sunny. Lovely view of the the beach. good places to eat nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank larry l
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We have stayed here several times over many years and enjoyed their hospitality. Like most keys motels it is older and modestly priced. The Atlantic side beach is a premium option especially with Florida bay dying. They have never given me cause to complain. While your on the island try Key Colony Inn for fine food at a reasonable fee. I hope to get back there soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Key Colony Beach Motel is a very average looking, poorly kept motel. Its only redeeming factor is that is sits directly on its own small, but private beach. I expected it to be a small simple room and also I expected it to be clean. I had specifically asked for an updated suite, with tile and not carpet.(some other reviews had complained of "soggy carpet" in the older outdated rooms. I was told I had an ocean view, but the bedroom had a parking lot view and the second room, with a very old couch, had an ocean view in only half of the window. It looked fairly clean on first glance, but when we saw the small german cockroaches on the dresser by the TV and in the bathroom I was horrified. We had checked in late, dropped off our luggage and then headed out on the boat with friends. When we came back at midnight , that is when we saw the roaches. By that time, it was too late to do anything about it. The front desk did not answer the phone and no one was a t the desk. The next day I told them about the roach problem and the girl at the front desk said, Let me get you some roach spray" Then when she couldn't find it, she offered to have the room "fogged " I asked to speak with the manager before they did anything to see if that would be safe and she said he would call me. Later in the day I finally heard back from the front desk (of coarse the manager did not bother to call me himself) She said that it would not be safe for us to go back into the room if it was bombed or fogged, so they would offer to move us to another room or have it sprayed. No other suites were available and I was afraid of getting worse room or one with old soggy carpet so I opted for the spraying. We had walked by an older room with the carpet half torn out and it looked terrible. There was no offer of a discount or anything else to improve the quality of our stay. When I mentioned a discount, I was told I already had one, as I was quoted $90.00 per night instead of the usual $100.00 per night during lobster season. Needless to say, we stayed in out room as little as possible. We were lucky that our friends had rented a gorgeous condo down the street and we stayed there till midnight every night.The last night in the motel, I couldn"t sleep after I saw a roach running around on the headboard of the other bed in the room. When we got home, I took the cloths out of the suitcase right there in the driveway and washed and dried everything and threw away the suitcase. (they say very high heat kills most of the bugs) I was terrified of bringing the roaches home and also of the possibility of unseen bed bugs. My advice is, pay a few extra dollars and rent a clean condo or go to another hotel...

Room Tip: get a room somewhere else, if you do have to stay here, get an updated suite and watch out for the bugs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was our second stay here. We rented a boat for the week from Vacation Boat Rentals at the KCB marina so it was a short walk from the hotel to the marina.

The hotel is dated but that is the only thing wrong about it. We had a problem with our smoke detector and it was replaced the same day. I left something behind and the packaged it up to be returned to me. Great staff and service.

When I booked Jessie advised me of a coupon in the traveller that dropped the room rate by $10 a night. We also requested a late check out, it was only 10/hr for each hour past noon.

The hotel has a small beach and great shaded areas and a nice sized pool. Great views of the Atlantic.

So what if it's a little old - I'm just in the room to sleep and shower, you can't beat the price or the location. Will stay again next time. Very quiet street, great price, it's not a resort and it doesn't try to be.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank diggerjones
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Ocean Beach Club lives up to its name - The ocean waves gently break on the sandy shore - right outside your front door. Comfortable, uncluttered accommodations await you.

Room Tip: First Floor Rooms provide quick easy beach access
Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family