Lowest prices for your stay
RM 2,338
Fully refundable before Sun, 26 May
RM 2,338
Fully refundable before Sun, 26 May
welovethecaribbean2
Waverly, Ohio

First stay at the Pier House - nice property!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2024
Location is fantastic! I really have only two complaints at all with this property as this is my first time staying there. I typically stay other places in Key West so wanted to try the Pier House . Location and majority of the staff is absolutely fantastic as is the food. Only two complaints would be the cleanliness of the tile floors in my room. Unless you go barefooted all the time as I do, you don’t realize that within a few minutes of getting out of the shower, your feet are black when you’ve not left the room. Everything appeared very clean and as I said, you wouldn’t even realize that unless you were barefoot, so the floors do need a good cleaning.
My only other complaint would be the beach bar service for the chairs and umbrellas right on the water in front of the building. They have a very nice little bar and bartenders are great. However, the beach service did not seem to extend to the chairs in front of the building, even though they are set up chairs and umbrellas, and only a few steps from the beach area and pool area that is serviced by the beach bar. There was a female server and when it was her days, she did a great job taking care of us in that area. The male staff did not seem to extend to that area, even though I asked twice for them to do so. It wasn’t a huge deal for me to get up and walk to the bar to get food, drinks, or water but for some older people who did not want to get up and do that, I did hear them complaining. You do pay a $56 per day resort fee for the service.
Trip type: Travelled solo
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 15 Apr 2024
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on TripAdvisor. Our housekeepers do clean the floors before you check in and during your stay if you request service. If your balcony or patio doors are open the coral dust get's in the room. We hope to see you again soon at the Pier House.
RM 1,387
    RM 1,079
    RM 1,081
  • Vio.com
    RM 1,157
1.7 km from Pier House Resort & Spa
Pool
The brand new Key West Pool Pavilion & Bar.  True tranquil vacation setting, yet near it all.
RM 1,260
    RM 904
5.5 km from Pier House Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Key West
3,342 results
All reviews beach bar private beach chart room bar dockside suite lanai room mallory square end of duval street turtle pond ocean view perfect location bars and restaurants watch the sunset great resort trip to key west lounge chairs walking distance to everything free shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2024

Unfortunately, I was only there for one night. Great place to stay and very convenient to everything that is Key West. All the staff I interacted with were great as they always said hello and ensured I had everything I needed. I want to call out Veronica at the front desk. She was friendly when I checked-in and she took the time to remember me at check out. We'd only interacted for 3-4 mins the day before yet she remembered me like I was a regular. I wish there were more Veronica's in the world.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Yvonne Jan, Guest Services / Front Office at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2024

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review on your stay with us. I am so happy to learn that you had a great time and experience with our hotel and team members. We look forward to having you back into our property in the near future!

Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

I'll start by saying the location is fantastic and really inconvenient. The rest is not so good! At almost $800 a night I expected a clean, functional room but ours was dingy and dated. We were also situated right opposite the service rooms in a dirty corridor so the noise was constant. We definitely had one of the worst rooms and it was terrible value. The pool was ok but needs a spruce up. Despite the location we won't return as we like clean modern rooms

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette-Colette28
Yvonne Jan, Guest Services / Front Office at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2024

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for your experience. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your issues.

Reviewed 29 March 2024 via mobile

Thanks again for impeccable service, amazing beach, unmatched views, and the most ideal location in Key West…& thank you for keeping The Chart Room open, that’s a piece of history that must always be preserved…RIP Mr Buffett.🍻🌭🍿

See you again soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2024 via mobile

Such a disappointment. We got a very small dead end room over the late night bar. The balcony is unusable because of the bar cooking smells. For such a highly rated hotel this is a disappointment. We were promised a look at a first floor king bed room but denied access at check in. Feels a little like a bait and switch. Sigh,,,, in this case you don’t get what you pay for.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Dream04602735020

We are very sorry to hear the you didn't have a great experience at our resort. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your issues.

Reviewed 25 March 2024

Really bad customer experience. Front desk had no regard for customer experience. They made their problems mine and from very start of check in it was a battle.
1. We had a block of rooms that were booked and we showed up and there was confusion and they could not completely accommodate . They did bring us cots so we had a place to stay, but clearly not what we signed up for.
2. My ocean front room tv was not working during NCAA tournament. Night one we called front desk and they sent down a maintenance. Maitenance could not fox and said this was a known problem with this room and the adjoining one. So this was a known problem before they issued the room. I contacted manager after second night as the premium cost of room did not match a broken tv. He then offer to move me to a better room I appreciated that.
3. Upon he biking mess up the made us switch rooms after the 4th day. It wasnt as much as the upheaval as it was the attitude from the front desk that made for a poor situation. They told us that we had to move two of our rooms and made a big stink about it at 2pm saying someone else was waiting for room. Meanwhile they did not have our replacement rooms ready. We were made out that we were the problem. Either wrong people were hired or major lack of training made a manageable situation a terrible one . Absolutely terrible listening and communication and attitude.
On the positive side, bartender jenny at pool bar and Milan awesome. People working at restaurant is the same awesome people trying to make guests experiences. Grounds are well maintained . Building some rooms are nice some not get first room that they put me in 320 had paint peeling on several spots on bathroom wall, toilet refill was not working. Had to lift top of tank up to operate and this was same room that did not have working tv. Current room moved me to was much better.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jeff e
Yvonne Jan, Guest Services / Front Office at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

I am sorry you are having a bad experience at the Pier House. There were 7 rooms put aside for you and your group at a good rate. The group was suppose to call and reserve the room under their name and make a deposit. I held the rooms for over 2 weeks then had to release them because nobody called to set up their room and make the deposit. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss this issue further.