Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
afpotic6
St. Augustine, Florida

I almost want keep this hotel, a secret to myself.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Mar 2024via mobile
If you love everything about old town Key West, but want to come back to enjoy the rest of what the keys has to offer, this hotel is the place to stay. Exceptionally clean, updated room, and grounds that provide all you need for a relaxing,, tropical environment. In addition, a tiki bar that has personable bartenders that can craft a drink for you, in addition to the two drinks that are complementary each day. Plus, the free regular shuttle into the heart of old town is certainly a plus!l

The front desk personnel were friendly and welcoming and the women who looked after our room, greeted us with a smile when we saw them in the morning, and then returned to a clean, freshened room every day.

The location is perfect and the sparkling turquoise blue waters of the Atlantic ocean is across the street (A1A) and in front of the hotel with a wide bike and walkway to view, fish, and and various sea life in crystal clear water just over the seawall. Plus, it’s only a 15 minute walk or 2 minute ride to Smathers Beach and parking which had open spaces every time we drove by. If you visited the keys, it’s known for its sunsets, but you won’t be disappointed with the view of the sunrise from your generous and well appointed balcony every morning.

If you decide you would like to dine at the hotel, they offer a surprisingly good menu with fish, chicken, and beef options which can be ordered at the tiki bar for casual outdoor dining, and prices that will save $$$ for a slice of Keylime pie in town the next day. As for breakfast, it was good, hot and plentiful.

If we had one suggestion, but it will not reduce our five star rating is that the free breakfast indoor dining area is monitored by staff especially during the afternoon when some guests decide to leave their food behind on the table rather than discard it themselves. Lastly, my wife encountered a person at the tiki bar, who was bold enough to tell her that she was not a guest at the hotel, but using the pool while drinking.

We were not disappointed for the rate we paid. In fact, it exceeded our expectations. We look forward to returning for a future stay.

Thank you to all the staff we encountered during our four day, three night stay at your hotel.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The brand new Key West Pool Pavilion & Bar.  True tranquil vacation setting, yet near it all.
RM 817
    RM 2,083
4.2 km from Hampton Inn Key West
Beachfront
View more hotels in Key West
All reviews cheekie hut close to the airport hear planes per day free shuttle resort fee free breakfast great stay pool bar diamond member smathers beach fire pit would stay here again shuttle service ocean view room great pool extra towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2024 via mobile

A nice property that is well maintained. The morning breakfast was good with several different choices.
The rooms are spacious with everything we needed. There is no beach on this part of the island but the hotel has a very large pool.
I was stunned when I came down to the pool at 7:30 AM and all 19 of the pool chairs were already taken. Why a hotel with 101 rooms would only have 19 pool chairs is beyond me.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 31 January 2024

This stay was almost perfect. We arrived at the airport and called the front desk to request the shuttle and he was there quickly. We checked in and went to our room even though we were early. The room was nice, clean and everything worked. The free breakfast had later hours than normal which was very nice. We received two free bottles of water each day. We used the shuttle to town and throughout our stay and they ran on schedule. The drivers were professional and nice. The shuttle to the airport was also good.

We had a free drink at the pool bar each day which we used at dinner. We ate dinner at the bar each night of our 3-night stay. The food was good and there was a decent variety. This stay would have been perfect but twice while inside my room I smelled cigarette smoke. At the bar which is outdoors I smelled cigar smoke twice and cigarette smoke once. I learned that the bar area is a designated smoking area which I believe is absurd. Who wants to eat around smoke? I also learned that you cannot smoke in the room but must step outside your room on the sidewalk or balcony and keep your door closed. The smoke I smelled in my room was from a person smoking outside.

They advertise this as a non-smoking hotel but are a bit liberal, especially around the bar/pool area. I would stay here again but it would be perfect if they were more restrictive where they allowed people to smoke.

Room tip: Be wary of people smoking around the bar/restaurant area at the pool.
2  Thank JeffreyB709
Reviewed 25 January 2024

The hotel room had a balcony overlooking the water and it was huge with a large bathroom. We could watch the sunrise from our balcony. It was clean & we had fresh towels, etc. daily. The hotel shuttle picked us up & took us back to the airport. Isaias the shuttle driver was the best! He was very accommodating & quite the travel guide providing us with a wealth of information. Chloe at the front desk was one of the friendlies & patient employees. We found every employee there to be friendly.

Room tip: The hotel shuttle picks you up at the airport and takes you back. The shuttle also takes you into town on a continued basis.
1  Thank Passport18176955333
Reviewed 21 January 2024

Overall, the Hampton Inn was fine, but probably wouldn't stay there again in Key West.

The motel itself was fine, room was clean and actually pretty big. The grounds were fine. The breakfast was good. Staff was all very pleasant.

The biggest downside is that it is pretty far from downtown and restaurants and the things you want to do. The motel has a free shuttle, but it only runs every 45 minutes, you have to sign up for the trip to downtown (and if it is full, you are out of luck), and coming back, there is a schedule, and you don't reserve for coming back, so if the van is full, you are out of luck (which happened to us). We had a car and could drive to downtown, but parking is a nightmare.

If I go back to Key West, I'd stay downtown somewhere and pay more.

1  Thank Swift-Ohio
Reviewed 17 January 2024

We stayed here for 3 nights using points. I don’t think the cash price would have been worth it and I would have stayed somewhere else. The pool was not heated and too cold to swim in during January. There is no hot tub. The complimentary breakfast was just fine, but I was really put off by the tip jar posted at the cereal station. For $400+ cash price, I don’t think this is appropriate and I wish employees could be paid fair wages where this wasn’t felt to be necessary.

The room was clean and met our needs. Of course the hotel is very close to the airport, which is just something you need to be aware of when booking. Flights don’t go out all the time all day, it didn’t bother us much. Free parking was great. After reading the reviews, I wish I had known about the free drinks coupon and water bottles. We weren’t offered or informed of that on check-in.

Overall not a bad stay, but I would choose somewhere farther from the airport next time personally with heated pool. There are so many options in Key West to choose from.

Room tip: Pool is not heated, do not plan to swim in the winter. Very close to the airport.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family