“A Great Time in Paradise”
Living Room Living Room
Oceanfront Property
Large, Shared Pool
Tennis Court
Tennis Court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dilitant
New York
“Not what we had hoped for.”
Reviewed 5 July 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Vista Fresco in March, 2012 with our 9 & 11 year-old children for Spring Break. I feel like we were mislead about the property in some respects, and we didn't feel the condo was well-maintained:
1) Upon arrival, we had to wash the sheets on all 3 beds. There were blood and bleach stains on them, and the mattress pads clearly do NOT get washed between guests since they had lots (of other people's) hair on them.
2) The blinds in the living room were broken so we couldn't shut them fully. We didn't like the feeling of people looking in at night.
3) The towel bar in the hallway bathroom was broken and towels could not be hung on it without the whole thing falling off the wall.

As for being mislead, we asked about beach access (we were told it was right next to the beach), and the noise-level (we were told there might be some noise but nothing excessive or too late at night since most condos in the building would not rent to college-aged people).
1) Yes, the building was next to the beach but road construction had the side access gates locked so we had to walk to the front of the building (roughly the length of 2 football fields) and then back around the building to get to the beach. Kids do not like this kind of walk when hot and tired. We didn't like it because we could have spent far less money renting something not on the beach with the same length of a walk. A premium rate is paid for waterfront properties. Sure, it is steps away from the beach. When the gates are not locked.
2) The construction noise and inconvenience was seriously minimized as well. Jackhammers and dump trucks started between 7-8 am each morning and went until 4:00. Forget relaxing during any of this time. The construction included dredging sand right next to the parking lot which meant our car was covered in sand daily and we had to hose it off before driving. Our car was too tall for the parking garage, which we explained prior to booking. Rent Key West should check on their properties more often so they know the current conditions.

Other concerns:
1) We came back from grocery shopping the first day we were at the condo, and found a note saying the unit had been entered and sprayed for bugs. The building manager explained this was done monthly, but we were never informed this may happen and had left our laptop out. The bigger concern was that our younger child has asthma and chemical allergies, which I fully explained to the booking agent prior to signing the contract. I was assured the unit was non-smoking and the agent agreed not to have housekeeping spray the air freshener they use before our arrival. We spent 2 days with our daughter having hives and asthma attacks. When I called Rent Key West, they said they didn't know about the pest control spraying (again, something they should have known) and no apology was offered.
2) The unit is located directly above the parking garage, and loud motorcycle noises were heard until about midnight each night. The combination of construction in the early morning and motorcycles late at night meant we were not getting much sleep (even with earplugs).

The building itself is dated but generally clean. The pool area overlooking the ocean was gorgeous, as were the tropical gardens in the courtyard. This area was very clean and very well-kept, and is what earned the stay 2 stars instead of 1. We also appreciated the large flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi in the condo. The kitchen was well-equipped and the master bathroom has an incredible open shower. However, none of the assets came close to canceling out the other problems.

We ended up leaving a few nights earlier than we had booked and paid for due to being tired of the noise, not being able to sleep, and just having a generally annoying stay. Rent Key West did not offer any sort of refund even though we booked just a couple of weeks prior to our stay AND we had called to tell them about the various issues we had. They did offer us "10% off our next stay, as long as it wasn't during a holiday or high season." To us, this was a non-offer Band Aid. If this had been better handled, I wouldn't have written a review. The Rent Key West staff was friendly but barely contrite about our issues, and always claimed befuddlement about our complaints. I prefer rental agencies that take the time to really know their properties, especially at this price point.

Finally, this is the second review we have tried to post for Vista Fresco. TripAdvisor: I have our rental agreement, contract, and credit card receipts proving our stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool area and garden coutyard
Liked least: Dirty, stained bedding and very noisy area.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
4 Jul 2012
We are very sorry about these guests unfortunate experience. The new owners of this condo, purchased just over a year ago, have added lots of love and expense in the remodeling of this condo, creating one of Key West's few, true handicapped accessible properties (which includes luxurious furnishings). This property has been occupied by grateful guests because of these major renovations which allowed them to enjoy accommodations close to Key West's beaches and attractions. This is a lovely condo as the other reviewers reveal.
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Great Time in Paradise”
Reviewed 17 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Great time in Paradise
This past trip to Key West, I wanted to experience the real "Key West", not just the Key West that people on the cruise ships see. Rent Key West Vacations came through for me and helped me reach my goal. They assisted me in selecting a Condo at 1800 atlantic ave. which is the perfect location. They checked on my arrival time before I left for Florida and when I didn't arrive at my scheduled time, called me to make sure everything was ok. Vista Fresco (condo) was everything Rent Key West Vacations said it would be, heated Olympic size pool, small sand beach, etc. but what they forgot to mention was the large, beautiful tropical garden with wild orchids right in the middle of the complex, and the sheltered area's within the garden where you can relax in the shade and read a book from the library located within the complex. From Vista Fresco I could take a walk on Smather Beach (50 ft away) in the morning to catch a sunrise, be back for lunch and still walk to Malory Square (1.5 miles) to celebrate the Sunset in the evening. Yes, I was able to experience the real Key West, unfortunately the time there was too short to see and do all the things that Key West has to offer. Guess I will just have to come back next year and I will definitely be booking with Rent Key West Vacations

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice condo. Close to Smathers Beach.”
Reviewed 3 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Nice condo complex. Clean,secure and great location. This condo had been renovated nicely but the pillows on the beds seemed old. They were flat and uncomfortable! There was however a beautiful pool area and easy access to Smathers Beach.

People with disabilities
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful condo, great location, perfect amenities!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

The condo had lots of space and privacy for each bedroom area. The kitchen and living areas were fully stocked with everything you need to be comfortable. The rental company was very responsive. The recessed light in the master bath blew out during our stay. We called and they came right over and took care of the lighting.

Loved the large, clean and very well maintained pool area that also had a wonderful ocean view. The building had good security and a garage parking spot comes with the condo.

The p

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$290
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing