The Gardens Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$222
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$334
US$251
  • Breakfast included
Amsterdam's Curry Mansion Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$245
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$328
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$175
Book now, pay at stay
US$205
Hotels.com
US$299
Key West Harbor Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$215
1,189 results
All reviewsfood truckrum rowblind pigfree shuttleoutdoor barold townsister hotelshuttle servicepool areamallory squareloved this hotelboutique hotelcoffee makernice poolevery hourhappy hourduval st
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay here! We found parking easily right next to the main lobby. Check in was quick and easy, staff was friendly, main lobby was clean and brightly lit. The walk to the room was very short, and since our room was right by the pool with a pool view, the wall to the pool was very close as well. I really liked that the entrances to the rooms each had a little divider wall in between each of the rooms, so it gives you a bit of privacy.

As for the room itself, we loved it! Beautifully styled as you can see in the pictures, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and bright.

Last thing I want to mention is the Pool area/Pool bar and food truck. The pool was nice, again as with everything else it was clean and well kept. The bar next to the pool was great and the staff was friendly. They have a food truck there, which was delicious, but the best part is that you can order straight from the bar and they will bring it over to you. Overall I recommend this hotel and had no complaints at all! Will definitely be staying again the next time I visit Key West!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sara P, Manager at The Gates Hotel | Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your visit with us! We are so pleased to hear about yoru experience with us and hope that you come back to visit very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son and I stayed at the Gates Hotel during our first visit to Key West. The hotel has a cool "island life" vibe, and our stay was very comfortable. My son was also pleasantly surprised to find some feathered island locals staying on the property - a chicken family was on the grounds (rooster, hen, and flock of chicks). If you've never been to Key West, don't be surprised to see chickens running wild (we saw a bunch at Mallory Square, too). That was an added plus, in our eyes. Plus, our "Key West alarm clock" gently woke me up the morning of our check out... was neat to hear the rooster. :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit to the Keys and how comfortable of a stay it was for you! We hope you come back to visit us again very soon to see us and our Key West roosters!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My favorite faces from “Rum Row Bar” (Beidy and Jesus), “Blind Pig”(Sasha and Tina), reception Ariela. They are really great. I’ll be back next month just for those guys... Attention, care, smile love, love, love..

Stayed: June 2018

We are happy that you came back and enjoyed a good visit from Beidy, Jesus, Shasha, Tina and Ariel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at 24 North first and then The Gates Hotel, which are the same owners. Our room was so nice and the pool along with the bar were wonderful. One of the better prices on the island. Definitely recommend

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

THank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I always do a lot of TripAdvisor research when I visit someplace new. Since this was to be our first visit to Key West, I spent a lot of time checking out hotels. Yes, I saw several bad reviews for Gates Hotel, but they were outweighed by the positive reviews so I took the bad with a grain of salt because you can't please everyone. In the past I have always had positive experiences, but NOT this time. The stay at the Gates ruined our experience in Key West. As soon as we entered the room I knew it was going to be bad. The door was ajar when we drove around to our room. As we got out of the car a person dressed in a Gates Hotel shirt left the room. He had nothing in his hands and no cart so I am still not sure what he was doing in the room. However, upon entering the room, the entire place felt unclean. "Wet" is the only way I can describe the room - the floors were slippery, the beds were damp and there was mold on the ceiling. I've stayed in humid beach areas before, but this was different, it just gave you a dirty feeling. The beds are very low to the floor and the chairs look dingy. The topper was when my daughter went to get a plastic covered cup off the counter and there were dead bugs all inside the plastic. We were scheduled to stay four days but we checked out the next morning. My advice is to find someplace different to stay in Key West but if you do stay here, don't expect too much. The photos are very deceptive.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaFrank

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us and are sorry to see that while on property these issues were not addressed so that we could have fixed them. We will be looking into these internally and if anything further, please reach out to spilat@gateshotelkeywest.com.