4,240 results
All reviews casa marina natural beach private beach sister resort duval street beach staff louie's backyard southernmost point jet ski palm trees laid back ocean front kip concierge popsicles pier patrick
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Key West. Thoroughly enjoyed Key West. Liked hotel. Comfortable and friendly staff. Being able to access private beach from pool was good. While we watched sunset in traditional way at Mallory Square think would be good view from hotel pier. Located just off Duval(Main Street) and reasonable walk to "action" end but walk enjoyable, interesting and good exercise in heat! Would happily stay again.

Room tip: Higher up better views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BowenButler, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Thank you, chairmanglasgow, for your recent review of The Reach: A Waldorf Astoria Resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you as well for your kind mentions of our staff and facilities. If there is anything that I can assist you with now or in the future please feel free to contact me at bowen.butler@waldorfastoria.com.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

the maid was cleaning our coffee cups in the sink and used the dirty towels to dry. when I confronted them they did not think I was an issue. Plus lack of staff waited 20 min for car and no service at the pool/beach for drinks and food. staff shared their frustration about management or lack of it!! go stay at the CASA Marina for a great experience!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Jeff B

Dear Mr. Jeff B,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered while staying with us. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service, and I am sorry to learn that we failed to achieve these results.

I have shared your feedback with our operating teams, helping them identify specific service breakdowns. Training is a continual process for us; therefore your feedback is being used directly with the teams involved. I would like to thank you for caring enough to share your experiences. If you have any further insights that you would like to share or there is anything that I may assist you with now or in the future, please feel free to contact me at bowen.butler@waldorfastoria.com.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

We had an amazing time at this hotel, the staff were lovely, particularly Josh on the front desk and Dave & Eric on the beach/pool - amazing "set-up's" every day. This hotel goes the extra mile with the beach set up, fresh fruit every day, chilled zesty water (Eric's specialty) frozen Italian ices in the afternoon, and heavenly frozen eucalyptus towels to cool you down when the heat rises. Great choice of free daily papers and magazines and free Wi-Fi. Fantastic private beach right on the Southernmost point, with a stunning pier. Thank you to all the staff and especially Bowen Butler, the front desk supervisor, who we didn't actually get to meet but was really attentive to all our requests before and after the trip. It's a fair walk to downtown Duval street but taxi's were not too expensive. Look forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank suzyq42015
BowenButler, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Thank you, suzyq42015, for your recent review of The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to hear that our staff helped to make this a great trip for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Vacation summary :Less then Average
The property's location is great . The pool employees are great. The restaurant not worth a penny . Not the food nor the waitresses. The housekeeping is absolute terrible. The Hotels front desk employees are way below average.
We reserved the room through Expedia for the 3 of us . We paid close to $ 3000 for the 6 nights. When we got there they offered us a thine room with a courtyard view. They said this is already an upgrade because our reservation is for street view !!!!! For $ 3000. But for extra 80 /night we can get the room what we reserved in the first place...... how nice. So finally we were in the room.
The room. Absolutely not a Waldorf Astoria class level.
The shower full of mold.The towels used to be white , but long time ago also worn out. The pool towels also had to be changed long time age.
The closet's door came off on the first day , nobody was bothering to put it back. The carpet was full of stains.The bedding on the pull out sofa was full of wholes!!!!!
The elevators licence was EXPIRED .
At check in they forgot to told us about the free WIFI.
The restaurant. Not a pleasant experience overall . The Manager MR Kipling was very nice , but he was not enough there alone . Need new Sheff and new waitresses !!!!!! I ordered the same Greek salad every day for lunch , which was always different, never the same .Not even the ingredients. Finally we did not paid for that particular lunch after all those mistakes but that's not why we came.
I hope my opinion is helpful for other people not to waist money there.

Room tip: Only the ocean view room .
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Kristinav1968
BowenButler, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I was really concerned , almost put off from going to this hotel because of some of the comments posted. I can honestly say we had a fantastic time at this hotel. It is quaint, it is intimate, it is not over the top. The staff were very helpful. We were there to chill and relax and as a couple had a great time.

Date of stay: October 2015

Thank you, Lourie67, for your recent review of The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. I am pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and that you were able to chill and relax. Thank you for you kind mentions of our staff and facilities. If there is anything that I can assist you with now or in the future please feel free to contact me at bowen.butler@waldorfastoria.com.