Lowest prices for your stay
RM 2,341
RM 2,341
Christine R

Absolute Perfection!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Dec 2023
I spent a week at the Mansion on the Sea and it was perfection. The house is absolutely gorgeous, and the experience was enhanced by the efficient, helpful and friendly staff. From the moment I checked in, I felt pampered. The front desk representatives went out of their way to make sure that I had everything I needed; the housekeeping staff kept my room spotless, and the pool and grounds were beautifully maintained.

The Mansion itself is stunning. The house is gorgeous, and it was fun to learn about the history of the property from the front desk staff. You almost feel like you are stepping back in history to a different time.

The pool area is spectacular on its own. There is a great deck right on the ocean where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the water, and the pool is heaven. The temperature was perfect, and I spent 3 out of my 7 days there swimming and relaxing by the pool. They have a fantastic bar right there, and the bartenders were fun to talk with (I highly recommend the Key Lime Pie Daiquiri!)

The location really couldn't be any better. Being on the quiet end of Duval Street is perfect; you can walk to most anywhere you want to go, but you are out of the loud, busy area. There are fantastic restaurants and bars within easy walking distance and the food was great; for the best Cuban Sandwich on the island, be sure to check out Sandy's Food Truck that is parked right across the street from the Mansion. The Mansion also has it's own waterfront restaurant that served excellent food; it was so good that I'm going to write a separate review for that!

My stay at the Mansion on the Sea was a wonderful experience, and I'll definitely be back!
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 19 Mar 2024
Dear C5652DBchristiner,

Thank you for sharing your experience while a guest at The Mansion on the Sea. We appreciate your detailed review and the various comments about the property, our staff, the pool, our extensive history, and our on-site Seaside Cafe. We appreciate that you took the time to give us a detailed review of your week-long stay.

We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you in the future.

We are so glad that you had a "wonderful experience"!

The brand new Key West Pool Pavilion & Bar.  True tranquil vacation setting, yet near it all.
RM 1,262
  • Vio.com
0.1 km from The Mansion on the Sea
View more hotels in Key West
1,399 results
All reviews lopez house seaside cafe lobster pizza the main house honey butter duval street southernmost point historic property ocean view house is beautiful food truck pool area beautiful pool yogurt the entire staff no elevator third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2023

This was my first stay at Mansion on the Sea and I was duly impressed. The room was great, the pool was quiet and relaxing, and the nearby bars and restaurants fantastic. I usually book at the Southernmost, but this was by far a more intimate experience. Would book again for sure.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nina Powers, General Manager at The Mansion on the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Dear L6468XMjohnm,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your first stay with us. We love knowing that your room was great and your enjoyed the pool.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2023 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one evening to celebrate his birthday and absolutely loved it. Next time we’ll stay longer. The property and the history is cool and amazing (JFK, President Eisenhower and Al Capone all stayed there) too! The room was incredible and eel kept and the staff were all kind and attentive. After our evening out, we came back to find a bottle of champagne and orange juice to make mimosas for my husband‘s birthday. My husband is not big on birthdays, but he was really impressed and loved it. We will definitely stay again.

Room tip: Parking is right in front of the hotel and plenty for guests.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Madeline L,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We love when guests celebrate special occasions with us and we always try to make it "extra" special. We're happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary champagne/mimosas.

We hope you will stay longer on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2023 via mobile

The staff is the most friendly group of people you’ll meet in Key West and that’s saying something in Key West. Ruby was great, the drinks were on point. We were there for our honeymoon and they made us feel like part of the family. Would recommend this place for any occasion. Julia learned it was our honeymoon and gave us free key lime pie to celebrate. Wonderful place. Wonderful people. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a good time.

Room tip: Staying here and seeing ocean every morning is so wonderful. Thumbs up to the pool area.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Donald W,
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Mansion on the Sea. We are so glad that you stayed with us during such a special occasion. And, it goes without saying, that there is no better place to celebrate than at our Seaside Cafe and Bar.Thank you for your compliments about the staff. We agree, they are the friendliest and best!

Reviewed 16 October 2023

If you haven't been to "The Mansion on the Sea" you haven't been to Key West. The best location, views, food, property, service and more. The owner himself will likely greet you and make you feel at home. Can't wait to go back. The lobster pizza and Key Lime Pie are not to be missed!

Room tip: This is Key West at it's best!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue S

Dear O785WKsues,
Thank you for your review of the The Mansion on the Sea, and sharing your experience here. We're glad to know you enjoyed the Seaside Cafe and that you had a chance to meet Michael.

We hope you will visit again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2023

The atmosphere was perfect by the sea. The colors and weather were fantastic. The staff were all incredible. We had the most unique experience here that I will never forget. We came here in the morning to see if we could get into the bed and breakfast and see this historical and amazing building. When we approached we realized we needed a key. We were bummed. We sat down in the bar area and had the most amazing key lime drink. My girlfriend and I ventured off to the bathroom through this narrow hall outside. Our mothers followed. I came out of the bathroom and there was a man standing at the top of the stairs and said "Thank you for coming to my restaurant today. I was driving here and God told me to come to the bathrooms and find 4 women." There were only 3 of us there at the time. He said his name was Michael and he was to take us on a personal tour of the hotel. Like how did he know there were 4 when there was only 3 of there and he had just arrived. Michael is the owner of this hotel and he took us on a fantastic tour. We agreed to come back for dinner and asked him to join us. We met back at 7 and had the lobster pizza (which I was very leery about) I am not kidding when I say this was the BEST PIZZA I have ever had in my life. Michaels son is the master mind behind the food and everything we had was out of this world. If you are in Key West and you do not stop here, it will be your biggest mistake. And the pina colada key lime pie was to die for. Thank you Michael for the best part of our trip!!! We will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Andreaandjustin2369,

We are so happy to hear that you met our owner, Michael, and that you enjoyed our property and all the great offerings of the Seaside Cafe and Bar at The Mansion on the Sea. Our lobby area is open to the public everyday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and we have 18 beautiful rooms for booking anytime you'd like to stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience.