“Outstanding Breakfast”

Ranked #34 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had breakfast here three times on our recent trip to Key West. Omelettes are great as are the fried potatoes. Lobster Benedict w/ grits was great. The staff is very friendly and engaging and make you feel at home. The coffee is really good here also. Very highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I have only made one other really bad review in all the years I have been on here. Here is my second!
We chose to eat here because it was listed as a one $ sign and good. When asking for recommendations from our waitress she mentioned only the most expensive items on the menu. When I said I wanted something smaller could she recommend something else she was rude saying that she already made recommendations and I did not like them. She than made it clear that I needed to order faster and was wasting her time, she promptly left and said she would return when I was more prepared. When she returned, I felt pressured to order so I just picked something. My husband went for the seafood omelette she recommended earlier just to get it done, not realizing that a small omelette with toast and hash browns was going to cost almost $20. He is a seafood lover but did not like this omelette and when he saw the price on the bill he felt ripped off. On top of that they Do NOT take debit or credit cards---- CASH Only!!!!
We ended up paying $40 for what we thought was going to be a reasonable breakfast. Never again!!! There are so many other places to go. Avoid this one.

2  Thank MeAgain_339
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is a very unique eating place in the Old Town Section of Key West. It draws both a local and tourist crowd. It has a unique Key West atmosphere, and the food and the wait staff are very good. The breakfast menu has a broad selection of items.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

A friend recommended Harpoon Harry's to me and I am glad I listened. Each day they have a different blue plate special for $9.99. Over the course of my stay I had both the meatloaf and the turkey specials. Both were very large portions of great tasting food. I highly recommend the Sausage Gravy with Biscuits. It was the best I have ever had, and I have had it many times. The waitstaff are very friendly and love to chat with customers. Overall it is a very nice place with food that tastes like mom used to make with prices that are reasonable.

Roni L, Manager at Harpoon Harry's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

thank you so much for the kind words, we're delighted to have served you & look forward to your next visit to Harpoons!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We asked the bus driver for a good restaurant that featured more than fish and she suggested Harpoon Harry's. What a good find. I wish we had found this earlier in our trip. I had chopped steak and real mashed potatoes and it was excellent. My husband had the pork chops and they were also very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.