“Easy Day Snorkeling in Key West with Capt. Wade!”
Review of Easy Day Charters

Easy Day Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Design your own Tropical Adventure! Leave the crowds behind and dissappear into the calm waters surrounding Key West. You choose the activities that interest you - learn something new, focus on your favorite activities or try a little of everything. Special requests welcome!
Reviewed 26 May 2018

My very first snorkeling experience was over 30 years ago in Key West with Capt. Wade. I recall being very impressed with his knowledge of the various reefs, corals, and marine life as well as his attention to the safety and experience of his passengers. Now, 30 years later, I brought my husband and my son to Key West to snorkel and had the awesome opportunity to go out again with Capt. Wade through Easy Day Charters. Although the weather was not great, Capt. Wade worked with us to find a window of opportunity to get in an awesome snorkeling and sand bar experience! Before we entered the water he told us what to expect and gave us some great snorkeling tips to improve our experience. Capt. Wade got my son's attention when he mentioned sting rays that were 5-ft wide and a 9-ft long nurse shark named, Nurse Ratchet. Being a nurse myself, I was hoping to meet Nurse Ratchet. Although I did not see her, I was in awe as I watched a 5-ft wide Southern Sting Ray gracefully swim through the water beneath me. Capt. Wade suggested that we bring snacks and drinks on our Charter, so we had a picnic lunch with Dion's Famous Fried Chicken on Capt. Wade's Secret Sand Bar. Afterwards, my son and I found dark purple living sand dollars hiding in the sand. We had the opportunity to pick them up and hold them as well as a sea urchin and then we put them back. This was our first experience on a private charter. The personal care, attention, and information given to my family by Capt. Wade really made this trip so enjoyable and memorable. Capt. Wade also suggested that we visit the Butterfly Conservatory in Key West; Mel Fisher's Maritime Museum; and try the pulled roast pork at El Siboney, a local Cuban family-owned restaurant, in Stock Island. After a great private charter, we decided to try all of his suggestions, each one which proved to be great! We can't wait to come back and schedule another snorkel charter with Capt. Wade!

Date of experience: May 2018
in 9 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2018

It was a great experience to spend half a day with cap. Tom. We booked an individual boat trip for our family (2 teenager). No crowds, no stress, totally relaxing. Tom was very helpful, showed us how to fish, brought us to wonderful snorkeling spots with lots of fish and finished passing by a place where we saw several dolphins.
Highly recommended and worth the price.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Wonderful experience every time! My wife and I have gone out with Capt. Tom every year we have gone to Key West since 2012. We were just there last week and he took us out to Boca Grande for the third time and it was beautiful as always. He has taken us to Snipes Pointe and several other sandbars as well as countless fishing spots. No matter the weather, Capt. Tom always is able to put us on some fish. Heading back in August and bringing the kids. Can't wait for them to go out with Easy Day Charters.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Booked a half day charter with Captain Wade last weekend and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We didn't necessarily have a plan going into the day we just wanted to wing it a bit. Ended up doing some fishing, spending some time at a sand bar, and then finished the day with some dolphins. The boat was very comfortable for the two of us. What made our experience better than previous charters was the Captain. Felt like we were on a boat with an old friend. We'll definitely seek him out the next time we are in Key West. I highly recommend Easy Day Charters.