All reviews bars of soap cabana bar water cold decent bathroom stayed here numerous times key west walking distance lay your head night's sleep live music mini fridge robbie's marina picnic tables short drive lorelei keys terrazzo
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to use as a base for fishing trips.
Rooms are basic and clean hence the price.
Plenty of places to eat within a few minutes walking distance, friendly staff. When I visit again I will stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017

a throw back from the seventies. all in all the property is quaint. once you enter the room the appearance is a throw back. the place is clean, but the televisions are 1990 and the mattresses. forget the pillows. now i remember why we spent weeks here .we built several communities here a few years ago.

Room Tip: no room is above good other than those with kitchens
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Right off the bat, if you're of the crowd that enjoys spending hundreds if even thousands of dollars a night on lodging, this is not where you want to stay. On the other hand, if you're like my wife and I and want the *BEST* bang for the buck on the Keys, look no further than the Blue Fin Inn and Key Lantern Motel. Me being a Nebraska native in overalls and my Australian wife make us an easy couple to remember. We had a nice chat with Adrian, the Jamaican native who comes to the USA on a work visa, and overall we just had a great time. We stayed in #2 just behind the office at the Key Lantern Motel and parked under the heavily tilted bottle-brush tree next to the screened-in porch. My wife and I slept like rocks - the beds were to our liking, the TV worked, and all-in-all for being a dated motel, we were just thrilled to pieces to get a motel at this rate and get a good night's sleep. I will be coming back here the next time I visit the Keys. This is one of the best-kept secrets to seeing the Keys so keep in mind what you're paying and enjoy the saving your dollars. We ate at the Shrimp Shack down the road and loved it! Guy Fieri did too and his signed poster on the wall said it all! The blackened fish tacos with rice and black beans was my favourite and all of this was because of staying at the Key Lantern Motel. Thanks Adrian and all the best to you! You were very kind on the phone and we enjoyed chatting with you.

Room Tip: We enjoyed Key Lantern's room #2 right up front.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin L
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have stayed here numerous times on our way through the Keys. A no frills CLEAN retro motel for a great price! Convenient to the Lorelei and a few other local bars. Love it! Staff is always friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is the second time I have stayed at this motel. There are two older strip motels side-by-side. The first time several years ago I was in the more northerly one, which I think is the Blue Fin side (not positive). It was a very clean although spartan concrete block building. This time I was in the other side, which is a few buildings with trailers scattered between. This room was not as nice. The bed was comfy and the bathroom adequate, but it was much smaller and had a more musty moldy smell. Not quite as clean around the edges. That being said, I had a very affordable stay on the Valentine's Day weekend when everywhere else was extremely spendy. I spent the days out of the room and the evenings walking over to Loreli's great bar on the water; they had live music in the evenings, too. So it served the purpose!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo