Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
US$259
US$279
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$379
US$209
US$203
Conch on Inn Motel(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$100
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
US$319
US$239
SmithHotels.com
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$181
Caloosa Cove Resort & Marina(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$225
La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$204
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbars of soapcabana barwater colddecent bathroomstayed here numerous timeskey westlay your headwalking distancerooms are cleannight's sleephuge rooma wonderful vacationlive musicmini fridgerobbie's marinashort drivelorelei
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Wow is all I can say!

I am a retired officer from the United States Marine Corps, made it home safely from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

A friend and I celebrated my birthday the week of July 4th, we checked in for 5 days to the Key Lantern Motel in Isla Morada Florida with my two-and-a-half-year-old military service animal Angel.

Okay, it does not have all the bells and whistles but as a person who has traveled all over the world both in the military and as a civilian, I will say this:

We had a room with two beds that was with a full service kitchen with flat screen cable TV and the room was so immaculate that you could eat off the floor!

I had come down from the rural Appalachian Mountains from the state of West Virginia and I had called ahead and I talked to Karen the owner who was by far the best of the best of the best that I have dealt with in my travels and a very very long time!
.... right from the beginning a couple weeks prior by telephone from the state of West Virginia, Karen the owner pretty much rolled out the red carpet, treated me the way I deserve to be treated and from the moment of check-in to the moment of departure 5 days later Karen and her staff were so far above average that it blew my mind!

Just a few feet away there was Lorelei's Restaurant and Bar, you couldn't ask for better food, you couldn't ask for better service, they had live entertainment every single day during happy hour and is a perfect place to stop and have a cocktail after a long day in the Sun..

Every single thing that Karen had told me about in advance was not only the gospel truth, it was far above what I ever anticipated!

I could not ask for a better birthday vacation and I believe that it will go down as the best birthday that I've ever had in my life!

There are so many things to do around I'll marada that there's no way that we could do them all in five days...
.... we took a sunset snorkeling Cruise which was an absolute blast and we had the time of our lives! I could go on and on and on....

Karen, my hat goes off to you and I will be back many many times and I could not ask for a better place to spend a wonderful vacation!

I want to personally thank you, my dog Angel wants to personally thank you and my friend who came with us personally thanks you for the best time we have had in a very long time!

Many blessings to you Karen,
Brad A. From West Virginia

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abundancein2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to use as a base for fishing trips.
Rooms are basic and clean hence the price.
Plenty of places to eat within a few minutes walking distance, friendly staff. When I visit again I will stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017

a throw back from the seventies. all in all the property is quaint. once you enter the room the appearance is a throw back. the place is clean, but the televisions are 1990 and the mattresses. forget the pillows. now i remember why we spent weeks here .we built several communities here a few years ago.

Room Tip: no room is above good other than those with kitchens
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Right off the bat, if you're of the crowd that enjoys spending hundreds if even thousands of dollars a night on lodging, this is not where you want to stay. On the other hand, if you're like my wife and I and want the *BEST* bang for the buck on the Keys, look no further than the Blue Fin Inn and Key Lantern Motel. Me being a Nebraska native in overalls and my Australian wife make us an easy couple to remember. We had a nice chat with Adrian, the Jamaican native who comes to the USA on a work visa, and overall we just had a great time. We stayed in #2 just behind the office at the Key Lantern Motel and parked under the heavily tilted bottle-brush tree next to the screened-in porch. My wife and I slept like rocks - the beds were to our liking, the TV worked, and all-in-all for being a dated motel, we were just thrilled to pieces to get a motel at this rate and get a good night's sleep. I will be coming back here the next time I visit the Keys. This is one of the best-kept secrets to seeing the Keys so keep in mind what you're paying and enjoy the saving your dollars. We ate at the Shrimp Shack down the road and loved it! Guy Fieri did too and his signed poster on the wall said it all! The blackened fish tacos with rice and black beans was my favourite and all of this was because of staying at the Key Lantern Motel. Thanks Adrian and all the best to you! You were very kind on the phone and we enjoyed chatting with you.

Room Tip: We enjoyed Key Lantern's room #2 right up front.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin L
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have stayed here numerous times on our way through the Keys. A no frills CLEAN retro motel for a great price! Convenient to the Lorelei and a few other local bars. Love it! Staff is always friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple