“Fishing trip”

Sea Horse Private Charters
Ranked #3 of 173 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: Our friendly experienced crew will help you catch fish and have fun on a fully equipped 39 foot Harris Sport Fishing Boat with a full Tower. We accommodate up to 6 anglers with plenty of seating and two fighting chairs. We are committed to making your Sport Fishing trip as productive as possible. We search area reefs and the Gulf Stream for the best fishing opportunities available each day. Sailfish, Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Snapper, Amberjack, SWORD FISH, Marlin, Sharks, Cobia, and other Sport Fish are real possibilities and can be caught on the Sea Horse. We are Sport fishing and it is possible you may catch only a few fish due to adverse weather or possibly no fish in the area. We are located in Whale Harbor Marina Islamorada Florida Keys, mile marker 83.5 next to the Sea Food Buffet. Whale Harbor is a fishing destination known as the Sport Fishing Capitol of the World. We welcome novice and experienced anglers to have fun fishing on the Sea Horse. We encourage you to ask us questions about Sport fishing and the Florida Keys!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best fishing trip I have ever been on captain Rick and mate Phil were absolutely what people say about them they put you on fish and stay on them 5 min in we caught a huge sailfish and the rest of the day nothing but smiles and fun thanks Rick and Phil if we are ever back in the area I will not hesitate to go back!!!

SeaHorseCharters, Owner at Sea Horse Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

A great fishing trip. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review about your experience catching fish on the Sea Horse. We look forward to the next opportunity to take you fishing.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"look no further"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My boyfriend and I took a trip down to Islamorada for New Years, so of course we had to go fishing! I have been on many deep sea charters before (all over the East Coast) and this one was by far the most memorable. The day was off to an excellent start when a huge school of ballyhoo swam right up next to the boat. We had enough bait for the whole day in 30 minutes or less whereas other charters were struggling for an hour or more. We hooked into 3 monster sailfish which Capt Rick expertly spotted from his observation deck. He and his mate were extremely knowledgeable and helped us reel them in for 3 confirmed catches (Two of them at the same time!). We also had a bottom line going to catch some dinner! We ended the day having caught more sailfish than any other boat at the marina that day, in addition to our dinner which was some yellowtail snapper, mutton snapper, and kingfish. The fish was delicious and the memories were priceless.

Sailfish are the best! the most exciting fish to catch and you got them. Thank you for writing a great review about your fishing trip on the Sera Horse. Please consider fishing with us a gain the next time you visit Islamorada.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

5 of us guys from Minnesota fished with Rick & Phil three days in a row. These guys a very passionate about getting fish in the boat. We caught plenty of fish & had a fantastic time aboard the Sea Horse. Phil said “Make your self at home boys” we did , it felt like our boat the first day. I have fished with Rick multiple times prior to this trip and will be back again. The other 4 guys are still talking about the trip. I almost could guarantee they would book another trip if they were in the area. Thanks Again Sea Horse

We had a blast for three days catching fish with you guys. I really appreciate the review you wrote about your fish catching experience on the Sea Horse. You guys are the best!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Booked a full day charter on the Sea Horse, just my 11yr old son and me. We were there to catch sailfish. Conditions weren't great, but Capt Rick put us on the fish. We landed 2 sailfish. We were the only charter out of Whale Harbor to catch a sailfish and we caught 2. Also, caught a couple King Mackerel and a big Yellowtail Snapper. Both were delicious that night at Lazy Days restaurant. We had an awesome day, something my son will remember for the rest of his life. First Mate Phil worked his *ss off, did not sit down once, even though he was not feeling 100%. In between swapping out bait, he was downing Dayquil. Would definitely book with these guys again. If you want to catch fish, call Sea Horse Charters and Capt. Rick

Thank you for the kind words in the review. We tried our best to help you catch fish. Thank god we did! Catching a couple Sailfish in one day is not always easy. Im glad it all worked out. Please consider fishing again with us when you visit Islamorada. Sincerely, Capt Rick

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Just came back from two full days of fishing with Captain Rick and Phillip on the Sea Horse.

I am an experienced angler, have my own boat for inshore fishing, and have fished with numerous guides and charter services over the years. That being said, my expectations and standards are fairly high when I hire a guide or charter service.

Captain Rick and the Sea Horse exceeded every expectation I had and set a new standard for future charters that is going to be hard to meet. Captain Rick is hard working, professional and 100% dedicated to putting you on fish while on the water. There is a reason he is rated one of the best boats on Islamorada!

Thank You Captain Rick, and Phillip for the memories, you will definitely see me again!
Adam

We had fun fishing with you also. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your fishing trip. Thank you for noticing our dedication to the sport. I look forward to fishing with you again. Best regards, Captain Rick