“Incredible experience over and over....”

Island Body & Sol Spa
Reviewed 1 February 2015

I have been living in Islamorada for last 12 years. I know places around, I have tried more local places for relaxing, peaceful experience but you cannot beat Island Body and Sol spa! I try to get a Japanese style facial from Amy as much as I can. She is so talented! U will never experience better facial anywhere else. U can also get a massage on the beautiful beach, or reflexology. There is so much positive energy coming from this place, specially from people who help you to relax. Awesome job everybody! Thank you, thank you.

1  Thank Monika C

Reviewed 17 January 2015

RUINED. I am so annoyed and disappointed at this place. They ruined my whole Mother Daughter Day that I planned. I made the reservation with Amy at Island Body & Sol Spa. She was so accommodating and nice and had a whole conversation with me (over the phone) about the Spa. She went on to state that she was amazed and surprised that her Spa was the only one in the keys that accepted Spa Finder Gift Certificates. Amy further mentioned that you can have a massage by the water and that there is a restaurant across the street. When I mentioned that I was bringing my daughter, she asked what my daughter’s age was because of issues with young teens. Amy was then fine knowing that my daughter was an adult. Amy continued on about food and weather, you thought that we were best friends. She then needed my credit card to “secure” the reservation but not to charge anything on. I then gave her my credit card number. Amy then asked what my email address was to send information and I provided her with it. Heck you would think so far so good right? Well that is way from what was about to happen. On the day of, I drove over 100 miles with my daughter to Island Body & Sol Spa anticipating a great Mother and Daughter Day with Sun, Fun, Massages and the likes. Well when I called Amy at Island Body & Sol Spa about the reservation, she had no remembrance of our conversation and did not have the appointment in the book. She was rude and talked down to me as if I was making up the whole thing. Amy went on to say that she had other functions going on and there is nothing in the books of a Spa appointment. At this point you can imagine haw furious I was. Here we are about to have a great day and Amy has no recollection of anything we had spoken about just a week prior. Amy was rude, talked down to me and clearly is unprofessional and unorganized. I will never ever go to Island Body & Sol Spa and I am going to relay this information to all my business associates. Clearly Amy’s lack of organization and professionalism is a clear reflection of the company she represents. Thanks for ruining my whole day after driving over 100 miles. No one should have to micro manage and double check constantly on a simple reservation. So are we to believe that after making a reservation at Island Body & Sol Spa we should double or triple check to remind Amy to not forget? This is ridiculous. Boy I hope that my credit card is not charged. Readers, thanks for your time in reading this and hope this helps you in the future.

oyed

4  Thank P E
Reviewed 14 September 2014

What a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours by getting a couples massage waterfront with a gentle breeze blowing and the surf crashing into the beachfront. A must do while here

1  Thank Donnie W
Reviewed 18 April 2014

After a few days of diving, my hubbie and I really needed massages. We got great massages from Linda and Natalie. It's not your normal spa, since it's by appointment only. There are no steams rooms, saunas, etc., just rooms for massage. I called the number, late one afternoon and left a message. Amy called back promptly, and worked her magic to arrange massages for the following afternoon. The spa is located in an old home, and we walked through the picket fence gate and into the back door by mistake. Parking is also strange. As Amy directed we parked in a cleared area just down the street. It has a sign that says "Moorings Guest only, all others will be towed" so we were a little worried but we weren't towed so it all worked out. So it's a little quirky, but all the ladies were lovely, laid-back folks. Again the massages were great, if a bit overpriced. We will return next time we're in Islamorada.

1  Thank Jan L