“Good but the should not have charged us for the unbuttered toast”

Mangrove Mike's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Locally owned and Operated Cafe. We specialize in Great Breakfasts & Lunches and now Dinners at Affordable Prices. We have been Voted Best Breakfast in Islamorada since 1998. Our Managers & Staff will help be your Travel Guides while visiting Paradise. Happy Travels, Mike
Reviewed 2 April 2018

From the outside the place does not look special or appealing in any way. However once inside you enter a lovely (and busy) diner with happy staff and very good food. Ambiance is great really enjoyed sitting here. We came in around 12:45 and it was said we had to wait for 15 minutes, however within 3 minutes we could sit at the bar (which we thought was fine). They have a very extensive menu with a high variety of items to choose from. We ordered a egg-white omelet with onion and diced tomatoes, a taco salad and started with a soup-of-the-day (minestrone) soup came a little sooner, which was good and we shared the cup. Very tasty. The mains came shortly thereafter and to my surprise the rye bread was pre-buttered. So I asked for non-buttered bread which cam pretty soon also. Great service I have to say. Apart from the fact they actually billed me for that toast which costed them their tip (which was more than they gained of the toast now). Anyway, great place and although they made a little mistake there I would for sure recommend the place. Portions are huge but you can take home what you can't eat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Second time here. Better than the first. Get here early. It’s a popular spot. Food is off the charts and super friendly staff. Great breakfast.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Old, down to earth dinner. Really good breakfast. Very popular not only for tourists but also locals.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

AWESOME food..great service..friendly place. Definitely coming here again. Variety of food. Love it here.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

You've got to stop in here for breakfast. So many great choices on the menu. I was tempted to try the Tater Tot Tower but I opted to be good and get the Florentine omelet with egg whites and a fruit salad. The meal was delicious and I highly recommend this place. We were seated quickly and the service was prompt and friendly. The atmosphere was delightful with a lot of murals and photos. They even have tshirts for sale.