“Ocean view - overhead fans”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Off the highway. Overlooking the ocean. Though there is plenty of inside air conditioned seating, overhead fans in the outdoor covered porch area kept the air moving pleasantly enough to enjoy outdoor eating even on the hot August afternoon. The food was excellent. The staff friendly and attentive, we watched the ospreys diving for their dinner while we ate ours. Another place in Marathon to add to our list of favorites.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visit this restaurant every year and it never disappoints. You definitely get your money's worth here. You can eat inside or out. We have had a big variety of menu items over the years and like them all. Staff is very friendly also.
MY favorite part is the key lime candy. They have a bowl at the desk to take one on your way out. But...there's a secret....they sell them too. You can buy a bag. These are hard to find so of course I get some to last me.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Had dinner on a Thursday evening while on vacation with my husband and two daughters (11 & 13). We had the cracked conch appetizer and it was perfectly done. Not rubbery like we have had it at some places. My husband ordered the rib eye and thought it was ok. I told him he should have ordered seafood! I ordered the lionfish on the specials menu and it was delicious!! First time eating lionfish and it was excellent- almond crusted and flaky with a key lime butter sauce! My daughter had the steamed shrimp and my other daughter ordered the crab dip. Both we good. We ate outside and had a great atmosphere- but it was very hot and not much air moving so we probably should have eaten inside. Our waiter was excellent- extremely polite and in top of everything! I would definitely come back here to eat again

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

After our fishing trip we went to lazy days to get it prepared properly.

We had mangrove snappers and Vermilion snappers cooked them three ways, blackened, lazy days style and jalapeño style.

All three was excellent but jalapeño is my favorite, excellent view and great service.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have been to Lazy Days South a few times in the past couple years and the food is always good. The Chicken Key West and the yellowtail are amazing. Their northern branch in Islamorada has a slightly better view, but the food was not as good when I went about 2 months ago. However, when I order take-out at the Marathon location, there always seems to be a mix-up. In the past, they have gotten my order wrong, occasionally not putting sauce on the pasta at all. Luckily I always check before leaving. When I picked up my meal tonight, the main courses were correct, but they did forget to give us one of the soups I ordered and also did not put sides of parmesan as I had asked on the phone. The "hostess" was a pre-teen girl who was very aloof and clearly should not have been dealing with customers. She went back and forth multiple times to get the things that were forgotten as well as to charge our card... after 10 minutes of waiting the first time, she came back and said their computer was down and had to reboot which should take about 5 minutes...she left again to get the soup and one tiny container of parmesan after we had asked for 5 (knowing they are very small containers), which took another 5-10 minutes... the computer ended up not working, so luckily we had cash. During the 20+ minutes that we were standing there, no adult came to assist the girl (and she did not even care to count the payment we gave her). I truly hope they get an adult back at the front!

1  Thank Sam H