“Delicious!”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #25 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017

One of our favorite restaurants of all time! The oysters, conch chowder and catch of the day Lazy Style are always my favorites!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Two of us had dinner at Lazy Days South the other night while in Marathon and I have to mention to anyone that reads this review to be aware of the size of the portions. I'm a good size guy, 6'3" 250 lb and I could not eat 1/2 of my meal. Plus every meal comes with fresh bread & homemade banana bread and a side item.
I'm guessing our first mistake was to have the Conch Fritters for a starter. They had plenty of conch and pretty good size and they were served with seafood cocktail sauce ( Lazy Days - if you read these, try offering a Sweet Chili Thai Sauce also - it'd be killer). The wife had the Crab Asparagus Salad that she really enjoyed, but ended up leaving about 1/2 of it on the table. My dish, Chicken Santa Cruz, was perfectly done. Huge chicken breast with sauteed green peppers, onion and tomatoes covered in a creamy Cajun sauce and then topped off with melted Swiss cheese -- YUM !
Lazy Day's charges and extra $1.99 to share, but it is well worth it not to waste a bunch of food - unless you like leftovers for the next day.
By the way, if you sit outside in the summer time, find a table that gets some breeze from a fan, they have plenty of fans outside but some tables miss the breeze.

1  Thank Davis S
Reviewed 23 August 2017

No folks, look elsewhere. Food was very bland and suspect. Hogfish sandwich tasted like it came of of a box and the yellow tail snapper was so fishy, that it could have been spoiled. Their french fries were actually very good and the key lime mints at the counter were the best thing they had to offer. Place smells and the service was bad... move on and don't get caught up in all of the wonderful ratings in Marathon.

1  Thank B S
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Off the highway. Overlooking the ocean. Though there is plenty of inside air conditioned seating, overhead fans in the outdoor covered porch area kept the air moving pleasantly enough to enjoy outdoor eating even on the hot August afternoon. The food was excellent. The staff friendly and attentive, we watched the ospreys diving for their dinner while we ate ours. Another place in Marathon to add to our list of favorites.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visit this restaurant every year and it never disappoints. You definitely get your money's worth here. You can eat inside or out. We have had a big variety of menu items over the years and like them all. Staff is very friendly also.
MY favorite part is the key lime candy. They have a bowl at the desk to take one on your way out. But...there's a secret....they sell them too. You can buy a bag. These are hard to find so of course I get some to last me.