US$132
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$234
US$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$249
Hotels.com
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$179
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$209
US$149
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$169
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$119
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$106
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This place was a DISGRACE! Extremely tiny, the staff was VERY inconsiderate when it came to their customers and did not care one bit about what we had to say, there was sandspurs and grass in our bedsheets, orange stains on our bedsheets, sandspurs and brownish stains on our towels, a spider in our bathroom sink, our smoke detector broke the first night we were there and they did not replace it (God forbid there was a fire in the room or above us we had no warning or anything- Very Unsafe). And I don't know who or what was above us, but it sounded like they were slamming and sliding furniture around from Friday night to Sunday morning. Also, their "pool" was pathetic. The next day (late afternoon) we get back to our hotel after snorkeling and spending the morning fishing to find that they DID NOT replace our sheets with new clean ones like EVERY OTHER HOTEL DOES, they exchanged ONE of the towels with another one that had a stain on it. I'm sorry but if there is stains on bedsheets or towels DON'T GIVE THEM TO PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY your customers who spent their money to get away and relax...we started off and came back to a dirty hotel room. DISGUSTING! If you ever visit the Keys and want great customer service, clean huge rooms, awesome view, EXCELLENT location and a good size pool with a tiki bar, book Sombrero's Resort and Marina! It was $74 for one night and was a nice,clean,huge place to stay!!

Room Tip: Go to Sombrero's Resort & Marina!!! =)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tiara R
BonefishResort, Manager at Yellowtail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It sounds like you have some very legitimate complaints which, and we would be very happy to talk to you about them. I wish you would've brought these issues to our attention during your stay, as we might have been able to offer a different, more suitable room. Again, I apologize for any problems you had at our resort.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I recently stayed for a week. and the location is fantasic, and really draws you in. but the numerous pieces of trash on the beach was digusting. the smell of the seaweed was horrible. i didnt even want to walk on the beach or dock. the room of course is very old. and dirty. stains on the couch and bed spreads. the linens were not washed very well... when pulling down the sheets there was some sort of bugs on the linens. we asked to speak to a manager and he was nowhere to be found! no one could give any information to contact him... we originally asked for no one to clean to room because that alone of someone being in your room when your not there, freaks me out... and on day 3 the maid came in the room!! only washed the dishes threw out the trash and threw out the special toilet paper i brought from home!! never even swept or made the bed!! and then day 4 the power continues to go out... at one point i had to kill a cockroach the size of a rat!! i did not need my dog who was with me catching hold of that! i mean dont places like this have pest control companies spray every unit?!!! and then the people above us were constantly awake at 3-4am stomping around and basically moving furniture!! the units are very old and need to be modernized and updated. so many holes and missing paint on the walls...the front desk clerks were so rude and unhelpful... when asking why after we checked out the next day we get a 3dollar charge to my credit card. he could not tell me why! basically said it was a remaining ballance when my paperwork when i checked out said 0! he would not tell me his name... and would not let me speak with his manager who is still no where to be found! how do you run a business and never see the site or interact with the customers? i really think there clerks need customer service training!! what a terrible experience! i would not recommend this place to anyone! i would rather pay more for a smaller place not on the beach than stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee M

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but frankly I think this review is just sour grapes. The suite you reserved had been completely renovated only a week prior to your stay, and you were the first guests to use it. It is an excellent suite and we are very proud of it. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping staff threw out your special toilet paper.
As I we told you when you checked in, the Florida Keys are coral rock islands, which don't have natural sandy beaches like you'd find on the mainland. Any sandy beaches you see in the keys are entirely man-made, and that takes a great deal of work to construct and maintain. The sea grass comes in with tide every day, as does the occasional bit of debris, thrown overboard by inconsiderate boaters visiting the keys. We do our best to keep our beach clean and clear.
If you want a modernized, state of the art resort, there are plenty of those in Miami, but you visit the Keys for the kitschy, laid-back atmosphere. You won't find many hotels with spas or cabana boys in the Florida Keys, that's just not what we're about here.
I'm sorry if you feel you were treated rudely but I stand by the professionalism of our staff, and please remember that just because they may not be able to comply with your demands, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are rude. We do have a process for inquiries and refunds, but it doesn't involve allowing guests to bully our staff.
When you checked out at the end of your stay there was a remaining balance of $3.13. It wasn't an individual charge, just the remaining balance on your room. I'll be happy to discuss it in detail over the phone if you wish to call our office with a calm and polite attitude. If it's really such a problem for you then we will be happy to refund you the $3.13. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked a trip based on the pictures provided online. I was in SHOCK when we arrived. The 2 feet of seaweed stunk so bad as we got out of the car. When we arrived at the front desk we were greeted by only a pair of eyes gleaming over 3 computer monitors saying you need help?

i ASKED ABOUT THE SMELL AND she said you get use to it and its not all the time. We went to the shore only to find empty cans bottles and trash all over THEIR beach ugggggllllyyyy.

When we went into the room that says "FULL KITCHEN" only to find a refrigerator and a microwave oven. Then we found a filthy 2 burner portable unit under the sink yuck!

Some full kitchen.

The room was very small and the shower was 30" x 30 " way to small for an adult.

We cooked dinner outside on the grill ( they provided ) near the pool. .( the picture makes it look larger than it is ) My two sons 12 & 10 ( BTW we went for my 12 year olds Birthday ) took up most of the pool. It was no larger than a hot tub. It was 4 feet deep also.

After dinner we got ready for bed since it was to sleep 4 people it had 2 pillows and only a sheet for the queen bed. The kids bed was a futon that folded down ( hardly enough to sleep 4 ) ON DAY 2
In the middle of the night a freak-en ROACH crawled on my face.

This was not a good holiday at all. The place is falling apart rotten wood all over and very dirty.

I could never stay here again.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Burklew

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay but allow me to take this opportunity to educate you a little about the geography of the Florida Keys These are coral rock islands, not sandy ones like you'd find in the Outer Banks. That means that there are no natural sandy beaches in the keys; any sandy beaches you see are entirely man-made, which takes a great deal of work not only to construct, but to maintain. You visit the keys for the laid-back atmosphere and the kitschy shops, but not necessarily for the beaches. The sea grass comes in with the tide every day, and we do our best to keep it clear from the beach. Unfortunately there is also trash that washes up on shore with the tide as well, from time to time. This usually consists of things that inconsiderate boaters have thrown overboard. Again, we do our best to keep our beach clean and clear of unwanted debris.
Regarding the swimming pool- guests who take the time to explore our expansive property will find that we actually have three swimming pools of varying sizes, including a full-size pool for swimming laps. None of them are more than four-feet deep however, as we are required to comply with state regulations.
I'm sorry if you didn't like your room, but it was the room that you chose. We do have larger, newer units available on our property, all priced accordingly. Hopefully your next stay with us will be more enjoyable, and again, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Keys were waiting for us - we arrived about 11 pm. The beach and ocean views were excellent. In the accommodation there was a fully furnished apartment (two rooms, kitchen and bathroom). They charge to my credit card after we stay there $ 6.00 - $ 3.00 I don't understand why. I know when the staff will charge to you something, but this time...?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
BonefishResort, Manager at Yellowtail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate your feedback and your business! We're glad you enjoyed your time at our resort!
The $6.00 charge was our resort fee, which is typical of hotels in the Florida Keys. I'm sorry if it surprised you or if you weren't expecting it. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

I read a lot of bad reviews about theis place before I stayed and thought it would be much worse. Actually this place is not too bad. Not worth $130 a night but it was ok. I did not like that they do not come to make the beds or clean the rooms daily. The pool is tiny. I have never seen a pool so small. The room unstated in was a cottage right on the water. You had to walk across sand for a short distance to get to the room. No walkway or side walk so it is easy to get sand in the room which does not get cleaned every day. They seemed to have plenty of parking and room for trucks towing boat trailers. Staff was friendly. The worst part was the smell. Outside there was a strong Oder from the water. A lot of seaweed had washed up and it smelled really bad. Not much the staff could have done about it though. The place is on the water but it was not in an area you would want to swim. If I had to I would stay there aging in but I would rather spend more and rent a condo.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thanks for the feedback! We understand your feelings about the seagrass. Unfortunately it comes in with the tide every day. We do what we can to keep our beach clear of it. Hopefully you'll stay with us again!