Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$209
Hotels.com
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$161
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$153
US$144
HIExpress.com
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$129
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$213
US$179
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$159
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$359
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I've stayed here in the past, and although the rooms are not the cleanest, the value is there. We were really pleased we could now get breakfast delivered to us on the beach or right to our room!! My husband and I visit the Keys regularly, and like this location a great deal. I do agree cleaner sheets and towels would be nice. But we'll be back!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank RodneyL3
BonefishResort, Manager at Yellowtail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Thanks for the kind words, and for your continued business! I am happy to inform you that we have just received a large order of brand new sheets and towels! We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

The hotel is a run down shack. The beach is nothing but muck. SLOW internet. Could not even read mail when I asked the attendant to reboot the router he said " what do you expect it is free.. go to the internet cafe" . What a joke.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann V

I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I certainly didn't mean any offense by suggesting other venues that have wi-fi, I was only trying to be helpful. Also, myself and another staff member were both able to connect to the network on our laptops with no problems

Reviewed 25 August 2012

A week ago my girlfriend and I recently stayed in the Yellowtail Inn. After checking in, we dropped our stuff off in the room and left right away to meet our friends for dinner. We did not return back to the hotel until around 11pm Friday night. While walking up to our room, I heard a chirping sound and when i opened the door it was coming from our fire alarm. I walked back out to the front office (which closes at 10pm) and called the emergency number. A half hour later the maintenance man comes, couldn't figure out the problem, disconnects the fire alarm, pulls it off the ceiling, and says I'll be back in the morning to fix it. After he left we began getting ready for bed, pull the covers down and notice there are multiple brown stains as well as grass plus spurs on our sheets and comforters. Really?? We looked at each other disgusted! We cleaned up what we could and tried to make the best of the situation thus far. We wake up early the next morning (before office hours) and head out to enjoy our vacation hoping that when we get back to the hotel things would be cleaned and changed. Boy was I wrong! We get back to the hotel around 1am, bed was not made nor stained sheets replaced, two towels were changed in the bathroom one with big brown stains on it and the other other once again with spurs covering it. I was furious, and to top it off i look up at the ceiling and notice the fire alarm was still not fixed as promised. Obvisously customer safety is not a priority nor is the satisfaction of a clean room! We can not wait to leave the hotel in the morning! The next morning we went to the office to
Check out, bringing the replaced towels with us to show what the maid gave us, told them about the bed, that the fire alarm wasn't fixed for 2 days, and how filthy our room was from the start. The lady says she took down notes, yet we didn't see her write anything down, tells us she will have the manager call us right away at 1pm when he arrives. At 230 pm we still havent received a call, so I call the hotel back and talk to a man named Jim. I ask for a manager and he says there is not one around but he can help me, once again I'm told I have to speak with someone else since he isn't in charge and he will have them call me when they come in later. At 9 pm I still have not received a call, what happened to customer service, especially with the complaints we had, it should have been the first thing the manager did when coming in. I call back once again and speak to Elijah, I once again told him what happened and he says he will write down the complaints, that what happened is unexeptable on their part, and we would be refunded just have Expedia get a hold of the hotel and that's that. Also Jim and the other lady lied because I told Elijah that I spoke to them and they said they would leave notes and they did not. The next day I call the hotel back, the same lady is there tell me she will have the manager call me at 1pm and guess what I got the run around again! I had to call back multiple times, finally I talk to Jim again ( who could not help me yesterday because he wasn't a manager becomes the head guy over night) says all he can do for me is refund me one night, when I was already told I would get both nights refunded because of all the problems we had. He says ok just have them call me I'll handle it. Expedia calls him, and once again Jim lies to me, after he tells me he would refund both days he tells Expedia to just refund one. I call back and talk to Jim about he just did to me and says that's all I can do, and that I should have come talked to
Someone while we were there. Point is we were never at the hotel except when we got back after they were closed at night and we left before they opened in the morning. Someone in charge should be there at all times to handle horrible situations like this. While on the phone with Jim he becomes very rude, I tell
Him how I feel and that the way things
Are getting run is not good business and I could go bash this hotel, call better business bureau, and call the city and complain about how filthy and that we had no fire alarm for safety if anything happens and Jim vegans yelling at me and says do what you have to do and rudely hangs up! Great management! He's a liar and does not know how to handle customers nor respect them. I've been trying to handle this directly with the hotel and the only ones who have been of any help are Elijah and Roger who work there. I need to speak with someone above Jim, he lied from te start and only gives me the run around. So please Robert email me because this is ridiculous. You can contact me at Christian.farese@gmail.com . I hear you're rarely in the office, but see you reply on here. I'm done getting tossed around, hearing one thing and another is done by your office manager. Email me ASAP please. If not I will be going to the city, and the bad business bureau. No fire alarm for 2 nights is unexeptable, unsafe, and against every fire code any where! This is beyond ridiculous the hassle I have gone through, my vacation became a night mare. Please reply to my email or I will be forced to take further action. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Runnerupxian
BonefishResort, Manager at Yellowtail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but the appropriate time to alert us to any problems would have been while you were still here, instead of several weeks later. The simple fact is that you stayed for the full length of your reservation and didn't alert our staff to any problems while you were here. Our management staff offered you a compromise that we feel was more than fair.
We consider this matter resolved. Hopefully your next visit to the Keys will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This place was a DISGRACE! Extremely tiny, the staff was VERY inconsiderate when it came to their customers and did not care one bit about what we had to say, there was sandspurs and grass in our bedsheets, orange stains on our bedsheets, sandspurs and brownish stains on our towels, a spider in our bathroom sink, our smoke detector broke the first night we were there and they did not replace it (God forbid there was a fire in the room or above us we had no warning or anything- Very Unsafe). And I don't know who or what was above us, but it sounded like they were slamming and sliding furniture around from Friday night to Sunday morning. Also, their "pool" was pathetic. The next day (late afternoon) we get back to our hotel after snorkeling and spending the morning fishing to find that they DID NOT replace our sheets with new clean ones like EVERY OTHER HOTEL DOES, they exchanged ONE of the towels with another one that had a stain on it. I'm sorry but if there is stains on bedsheets or towels DON'T GIVE THEM TO PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY your customers who spent their money to get away and relax...we started off and came back to a dirty hotel room. DISGUSTING! If you ever visit the Keys and want great customer service, clean huge rooms, awesome view, EXCELLENT location and a good size pool with a tiki bar, book Sombrero's Resort and Marina! It was $74 for one night and was a nice,clean,huge place to stay!!

Room Tip: Go to Sombrero's Resort & Marina!!! =)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tiara R
BonefishResort, Manager at Yellowtail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It sounds like you have some very legitimate complaints which, and we would be very happy to talk to you about them. I wish you would've brought these issues to our attention during your stay, as we might have been able to offer a different, more suitable room. Again, I apologize for any problems you had at our resort.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I recently stayed for a week. and the location is fantasic, and really draws you in. but the numerous pieces of trash on the beach was digusting. the smell of the seaweed was horrible. i didnt even want to walk on the beach or dock. the room of course is very old. and dirty. stains on the couch and bed spreads. the linens were not washed very well... when pulling down the sheets there was some sort of bugs on the linens. we asked to speak to a manager and he was nowhere to be found! no one could give any information to contact him... we originally asked for no one to clean to room because that alone of someone being in your room when your not there, freaks me out... and on day 3 the maid came in the room!! only washed the dishes threw out the trash and threw out the special toilet paper i brought from home!! never even swept or made the bed!! and then day 4 the power continues to go out... at one point i had to kill a cockroach the size of a rat!! i did not need my dog who was with me catching hold of that! i mean dont places like this have pest control companies spray every unit?!!! and then the people above us were constantly awake at 3-4am stomping around and basically moving furniture!! the units are very old and need to be modernized and updated. so many holes and missing paint on the walls...the front desk clerks were so rude and unhelpful... when asking why after we checked out the next day we get a 3dollar charge to my credit card. he could not tell me why! basically said it was a remaining ballance when my paperwork when i checked out said 0! he would not tell me his name... and would not let me speak with his manager who is still no where to be found! how do you run a business and never see the site or interact with the customers? i really think there clerks need customer service training!! what a terrible experience! i would not recommend this place to anyone! i would rather pay more for a smaller place not on the beach than stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee M

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but frankly I think this review is just sour grapes. The suite you reserved had been completely renovated only a week prior to your stay, and you were the first guests to use it. It is an excellent suite and we are very proud of it. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping staff threw out your special toilet paper.
As I we told you when you checked in, the Florida Keys are coral rock islands, which don't have natural sandy beaches like you'd find on the mainland. Any sandy beaches you see in the keys are entirely man-made, and that takes a great deal of work to construct and maintain. The sea grass comes in with tide every day, as does the occasional bit of debris, thrown overboard by inconsiderate boaters visiting the keys. We do our best to keep our beach clean and clear.
If you want a modernized, state of the art resort, there are plenty of those in Miami, but you visit the Keys for the kitschy, laid-back atmosphere. You won't find many hotels with spas or cabana boys in the Florida Keys, that's just not what we're about here.
I'm sorry if you feel you were treated rudely but I stand by the professionalism of our staff, and please remember that just because they may not be able to comply with your demands, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are rude. We do have a process for inquiries and refunds, but it doesn't involve allowing guests to bully our staff.
When you checked out at the end of your stay there was a remaining balance of $3.13. It wasn't an individual charge, just the remaining balance on your room. I'll be happy to discuss it in detail over the phone if you wish to call our office with a calm and polite attitude. If it's really such a problem for you then we will be happy to refund you the $3.13. Again, thank you for the feedback.