See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2017

The room was dirty and the place stunk !
We made a reservation 8am , drive down and we're told we could NOT cancel ,2 weeks notice ? SAME DAY?
We could not stay there and LEFT to stay in Marathon at the Black fin a very nice motel !
Yes the "yellow" tail charged us full $$ for 2 days ?
Pigsty with lowlife PIG's running it , a LOUSY experience !

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cwsmith46
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Budget Motel that doesn't make the grade at all. Don't stay here. Stayed in cottage and it was in bad shape. It's not that this place needs updating because it's older it needs total refurbishment. Beach was stark, only a couple older chairs available. Just not a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DebsBeenThere
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Had the "Penthouse" with spacious accommodations. Older property but had everything we needed. It's not 5 star but not 5 star prices either. It was clean. Gorgeous view, fabulous sunrise location, and enough room for 8.
Close enough to fun times and far enough from the traffic. Would visit again. These are my pictures.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We spent 3 nights recently over Thanksgiving Weekend. Since this was a last minute decision we found this place about 3 weeks before Thanksgiving since the usual place we stayed at was booked. The place could really be an outstanding location if the owner reinvested some of the money into the property.

If you are looking for a Marriott or Hyatt then this is not for you. The hotel is located on the oceanside of Grassy Key and has magnificant views of the surrounding waters of the Atlantic. Unfortunately it is a bit run down and has very little in the way of ammenities like beach chairs or tables except at the rooms and those are cheap plastic chairs that are uncomforatble and old. I suggest you bring your own beach chairs. The place is also pet friendly but for the most part pet owner ignorant. There were piles of dog crap around the property as they have no landscaping management what so ever to care for the property. We don't spend much time in the room when we are in the Keys so it was not as important to us but each of the rooms are in desparate need of updating and general maintenace. Otherwise it was clean and the housekeeping and treatment by staff was excellent.

If you are looking for a last minute place to stay I would say Yellowtail will do but if you are looking for more on your vacation other than great scenery and quite relaxation stay elsewhere.

Finally, this property is also associated with Casa Del Sol and Bonefish motel. Bonefish looks like it is a stay away at all costs as it looks nasty. Casa Del Sol is slightly better than Yellowtail but remember, the 3 properties are owned by the same person so don't expect anything better than I described above.

Room Tip: Room 105 is an oceanfront cottage where we stayed. Looks like one of the best on the property for scenery and relaxation.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

THEY STOLE $661.51 FROM ME! I have been trying to get it back forever. I booked well in advance but cancelled a week later. They gave me a cancellation number but they never returned my money. I called and talked to two different people and they said I had cancelled and were not sure why I did not get my money back. I wrote emails and never heard back. I called again and was told the same story. I sent a certified letter and they never answered. These people are lowlifes. Only terrible people do things like this. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. I gave them numerous chances to do the right thing.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends