“I Love Marathon”
Review of Royal Plum Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Royal Plum Club
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The Condo was very nice and clean. The view was great, Looking at the beautiful water each day. I really enjoyed sitting at the beach area and relaxing. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful, Palm trees and flowers along the walkway, My friend called it "The walkway to Paradise". The pool was always clean and I liked how mellow and laid back everyone seem. I would love to visit again.
Ingrid

Room Tip: This is not a Hotel. You rent a Condo. Which is better than just a room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
RoyalPlumClub, Manager at Royal Plum Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you, Ingrid! We hope you will come back!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This was my second stay at Royal Plum Club. We stayed in the same condo and it felt like being at home---it was wonderful. Becky, Megan, and Kevin feel like family now . I cannot wait to go back. The pool and the sunrise were terrific. I highly recommend unit number three. Very tropical and airy with a screened in porch! Also has a decent oceanview but is far enough from the pool that it's not too noisy. Being that it's in Marathon it's close to everything . Love the Dolphin Research Center. Great restaurants in the area as well.

Room Tip: Unit 3 has been remodeled and is very comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
RoyalPlumClub, Manager at Royal Plum Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you! We appreciate your endorsement and the fact that you have returned. We work hard to make staying here a great experience for folks like you!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Me and husband stayed for a little more than a week...it was perfect. Very calm and clean...just what we needed. The condo #9 was perfect. Nice view of the sunrise and very clean. The pool area is very well maintained and pleasant. This is a quiet place to relax !!! Grounds are very nice too. Bring your "off"...lots of mosquitos !....and set yourself with wifi (if important to your stay) because it is not rapid connection...all through the island. Thank you for a very nice stay !!!!! Will recommand !

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We are a family of 5 from the UK and stayed for a week in condo #13 from 3rd Aug. It was our first time on the Florida Keys and Marathon is a perfect place to base yourself to explore.

Royal Plum was excellent - great, large pool area that the kids loved and was rarely busy with plenty of sun loungers etc. Also the condos are well away from the main highway1 down Coco Plum drive so the only traffic noise you get are the boats! We found the staff really friendly and helpful throughout our stay and also before when booking and confirming our stay - although there was little need to contact them!

As the condos are privately owned there will all be different in terms of decor etc. Number 13 was clean and the master bedroom was very spacious. For a family of 5 the 2 bathrooms was great! I've seen some comments re the air con - all worked fine in #13 and we stayed in August and being from the UK are not used to the heat but we had no problems. Also some have commented on the beach and sea grass. The staff made us fully aware of this before we arrived and tbh the Keys are not famed for their amazing beaches - sea grass is part of the ecosystem.

The decor in the condo maybe a little tired and not as modern as other places we've stayed however it has a very Keys feel.

We absolutely loved the Keys and would definitely stay at the Royal Plum if we come again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachamBunch
RoyalPlumClub, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Plum Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks Beacham Bunch! Hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

My family (hubby/me, my mother, my son, and his friend) just returned from Royal Plum in unit 30. The unit was nice and had enough room for the five of us. Since we traveled from PA it was great to have bed linens, towels, and even beach towels provided. Unit 30 is facing the ocean so we had a great screened in balcony that looked over a small grassy area, to the pool, and to a beautiful ocean view. Bedrooms were large enough to feel like home and bathrooms were nice. Start up paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, and a garbage bag or two) were there so we didn't feel that we needed to go right to the store when we arrived. ** Publix and Winn Dixie are within a five minute drive.

The staff was very nice. Only drawbacks would be - Kevin (property manager) mows every few days at 9 a.m. - this is a bit early for me on vacation. The beach was very seaweed/grassy which we aren't used to, but we did take the chairs out and sit when the tide was out. We are used to having laundry in a rental so it was a little odd to have to walk to the laundry room to do some wash. There is a charge ($2 for wash, $1.25 to dry), but the office will make change for you. The condo needed a deep cleaning - there were stains on the living room carpet, but overall it appeared clean. We did have some electrical issues with loose outlets and sparks in the one bedroom - reported to management.

The pool is large and there are plenty of beach chairs and pool chairs provided. My son and his friend enjoyed kayaking, rented from Wheels 2 Go. We found GREAT restaurants every night for dinner. Sunset Grill is a must (take a bathing suit for the kids). We drove to Key West one day and had a nice time walking around there.

I am not sure we will be back but only because we are so fond of North Carolina beaches. If I were to return to the Keys though I would stay at Royal Plum again.

Room Tip: I would suggest an ocean view room to fully enjoy the property.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lriddle66
RoyalPlumClub, Front Office Manager at Royal Plum Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Your last sentence makes us very happy - we hope you do get to come back again! Thanks for your input. It helps us address things like the carpet and the outlets as soon as they are brought to our attention.