We stayed at Legacy Dunes from 29th December 2011 to 5th January 2012. Booked through Go Disney, a site that I had seen recommended. We found Anthony from Go Disney very helpful and easily found the condo we wanted with three bedrooms, as we have a 21 and 14 year old boy and girl.
Had significant difficulty when we first arrived as the block looked boarded up in the dark and all of the condo numbers were covered with tape. We were very tired after 20 hours travelling and being up at 4am UK time and when we located what we thought was the condo the code would not work in the door. Fortunately after a few tries we managed to call through to Scott, Anthony's business partner and he managed to get us into the condo via a key box code. We did have a very stressful half an hour before this as there was no-one around and there seemed to be no caretaker or night staff at the resort.
Once in the condo we were pleasantly surprised. It was lovely, clean and welcoming after such a long journey (and driving around Orlando for three hours trying to find the resort as the hire company had no sat navs and apart from the address we had no other directions). The following day it became clear why it looked boarded up as the outside was being painted and everything had been covered with paper and masking tape.We enjoyed the condo very much but had mixed views about the resort. It seems that it is not just a holiday resort but a permanent home for some people. It didn't seem to have any atmosphere and on our one trip to the clubhouse there was nothing and no-one there. The pool seemed nice but as the weather was not very warm we did not try it. My husband used the gym a few times and found it satisfactory for his needs. In the main it felt as if the condo was a little oasis for us after the bustle of theme parks and Orlando and suited our needs as somewhere to relax.
My big big complaint however is in the design of the blocks themselves. There are three floors to each block and access to the second and third floors is via a metal staircase which is bolted onto the outside of the building. Every time someone came up or down those stairs the noise was horrendous. In the bedroom in which my husband and I slept the stairs were attached to the wall at the head of our bed. There was a picture on the wall which rattled as the whole wall vibrated with the movement of the stairs. This was not so bad in the daytime but at night it was very disturbing and irritating. On a couple of occasions we had an earlyish night and were woken by people running up the stairs and when the trash was collected each night the room almost shook and the vibrations came through the head of the bed. What idiot would design staircases like this. They should be forced to live there for a while and experience the impact. I imagine if you rent a condo on the other side of the entranceway you would escape this intrusion but it was very annoying.
In short it was a lovely condo in an area suited to travel to Disney Parks, but resulting in a lot of travelling in traffic if you want to go out to International Drive or to the Universal Theme Parks. The resort had nothing to offer to tourists so if you are looking for a base in Orlando to travel out from this is OK, but if you are looking for more from the resort on days off from Theme Parks etc or just a place to relax by the pool with some amenities I would not recommend this as the place to stay. There are other condo rentals that fill the gap between hotels and apartments, with services for guests where you would want to chill out for a day or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Legacy Dunes Resort in Orlando, Kissimmee Florida area just minutes from Walt Disney World. Gated, private vacation resort located minutes from Disney World. Vacation home rental community with condo rentals near Disney. Heated Swimming Pool, Game Room, Gym and Fitness Center, Clubhouse, Great Location off 192, VolleyBall Courts, Tennis Courts, Basketball Courts, Children's Playground, Gated Community. All of the condos at Legacy Dunes are individually owned and managed. Legacy Dunes Condo Rentals in Beautiful Kissimmee Kissimmee is no stranger to tourists, so the hotels are usually jam packed with visitors. This can mean frustration for anyone seeking a more secluded getaway. When looking for a more intimate approach, these Legacy Dunes vacation homes are a great choice. They combine the luxury of countless amenities such as top quality electronics, beautiful interior decor, high end appliances, and spacious rooms, with an increased sense of privacy. These Legacy Dunes condo rentals are all set in an ideal location for your vacation and come in at well below the cost of comparable luxury hotels. With these Legacy Dunes vacation homes, you're just minutes from all of Disney's magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Legacy Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Dunes Hotel Kissimmee
- Legacy Dunes Kissimmee, Florida