“Beautiful condo not much to the resort.”
Review of Legacy Dunes

and 1 more site!
Legacy Dunes
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed at Legacy Dunes from 29th December 2011 to 5th January 2012. Booked through Go Disney, a site that I had seen recommended. We found Anthony from Go Disney very helpful and easily found the condo we wanted with three bedrooms, as we have a 21 and 14 year old boy and girl.
Had significant difficulty when we first arrived as the block looked boarded up in the dark and all of the condo numbers were covered with tape. We were very tired after 20 hours travelling and being up at 4am UK time and when we located what we thought was the condo the code would not work in the door. Fortunately after a few tries we managed to call through to Scott, Anthony's business partner and he managed to get us into the condo via a key box code. We did have a very stressful half an hour before this as there was no-one around and there seemed to be no caretaker or night staff at the resort.
Once in the condo we were pleasantly surprised. It was lovely, clean and welcoming after such a long journey (and driving around Orlando for three hours trying to find the resort as the hire company had no sat navs and apart from the address we had no other directions). The following day it became clear why it looked boarded up as the outside was being painted and everything had been covered with paper and masking tape.We enjoyed the condo very much but had mixed views about the resort. It seems that it is not just a holiday resort but a permanent home for some people. It didn't seem to have any atmosphere and on our one trip to the clubhouse there was nothing and no-one there. The pool seemed nice but as the weather was not very warm we did not try it. My husband used the gym a few times and found it satisfactory for his needs. In the main it felt as if the condo was a little oasis for us after the bustle of theme parks and Orlando and suited our needs as somewhere to relax.
My big big complaint however is in the design of the blocks themselves. There are three floors to each block and access to the second and third floors is via a metal staircase which is bolted onto the outside of the building. Every time someone came up or down those stairs the noise was horrendous. In the bedroom in which my husband and I slept the stairs were attached to the wall at the head of our bed. There was a picture on the wall which rattled as the whole wall vibrated with the movement of the stairs. This was not so bad in the daytime but at night it was very disturbing and irritating. On a couple of occasions we had an earlyish night and were woken by people running up the stairs and when the trash was collected each night the room almost shook and the vibrations came through the head of the bed. What idiot would design staircases like this. They should be forced to live there for a while and experience the impact. I imagine if you rent a condo on the other side of the entranceway you would escape this intrusion but it was very annoying.
In short it was a lovely condo in an area suited to travel to Disney Parks, but resulting in a lot of travelling in traffic if you want to go out to International Drive or to the Universal Theme Parks. The resort had nothing to offer to tourists so if you are looking for a base in Orlando to travel out from this is OK, but if you are looking for more from the resort on days off from Theme Parks etc or just a place to relax by the pool with some amenities I would not recommend this as the place to stay. There are other condo rentals that fill the gap between hotels and apartments, with services for guests where you would want to chill out for a day or two.

Room Tip: Definately go for a room with a view. There are two lakes with many different species of birds. We l...
17  Thank Rocacidi
There are newer reviews for Legacy Dunes

Reviewed 6 January 2012

My sister and I booked a two bedroom condo in Legacy Dunes through Kraft Villas in early December, 2011. I thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations as the owners really thought of everything! The condo was stocked with quality dinnerware, comfortable bedding, plenty of towels and even equipment for activities such as volleyball and tennis. The community grounds are a great place to relax as well! I loved the soft music playing in the pool area! The condo was very clean and organized. I felt that we could settle right in! What I appreciated the most was the book provided by the owners that included suggestions to tourist sites in the area, close-by food options and easy-to-follow directions. My sister and I spent much of our time exploring, but found returning to our home away from home very comfortable. With the gated community and quiet atmosphere we were able to meet each day well-rested. Booking with the owners was truly a pleasant experience as they respond quickly and answered our questions thoroughly. I would stay at Kraft Villas again without hesitation and would highly recommend them!

5  Thank JRose80
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great decision making my reservations to spend 4 lovely days in Orlando. Condo was perfect for my family, everyone had a great time, it was very spacious for the 8 of us. I will defenitely consider renting one more time with no hesitation.

Blanca and her family

Room Tip: perfect for a family vacation.
3  Thank Blanca Z
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Just returned from a stay at Legacy Dunes week after Christmas. Went with hubbie, sons(14,13) and their cousin(13). I have gotten spoiled using our family timeshare and have stayed at several condos in the area. Nothing beats the space, added bathrooms and W/D!Wanted this especially since I was the only female. This time I was not using the timeshare so I was searching for a good price. Came across this condo and godisneyvacation.com. Reviews looked good so I contacted them. Prompt response from Anthony. Very courteous and booked us quickly in a 4brm/2ba condo that slept 10 for only $120/nt! That was cheaper than two med quality hotel rooms. Same price or cheaper tha some single rooms! I started to get worried because I found a forum that said they post good reviews of themselves to look good. I had already paid so we decided to take a chance.
Arrived late and used code given to open gate. It called Scott who works for godisney and we heard a voicemail msg. This was concerning after a 12hr car ride. One side of the gate was ajar and we were able to drive thru. We did not leave a msg. He may have been waiting for the msg to open the gate so I can't really say if that was a issue. Nxt morning, gate was fixed. We had the dalmation condo. It's a older complex. Condo was older. Floors a little uneven but baths n kitchen remodled. A/C fan necessary to keep moisture smell away. Decor a little older but condo clean and spacious. Only complaints I had was I wish there were comforters on beds,channel guides for the tv because that was a little confusing, and better shower heads/water pressure. Also 2nd queen room didn't have tv as advertised. Condo was well stocked with basics and then some (Swiffer sweeper, vac). We did not use the amenities because we were at the parks all day.
Yes, I have stayed at more posh condos but I would definitely use and recommend godisneyvacations.com when trying to get the most for your dollar.

2  Thank TravelNurse1
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Perfect resort, perfect location, perfectly clean. I love this place however, the playground was very sad. Its got such great potential, but it looks very dangerous and is falling apart. That was really a major let down :(

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Orlandofun6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
12.3 km away
15.1 km away
Legacy Vacation Resorts
Legacy Vacation Resorts
#13 of 63 in Kissimmee

Been to Legacy Dunes? Share your experiences!