“A once in a lifetime must do activity.”
Review of Thompson Aire

Thompson Aire
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of those DO NOT MISS attractions. 7 days a week at sunrise Thompson Aire offers Hot Air Balloon flights in the Disney world area. A three to four hour adventure that will have you talking about it the rest of your life. Float effortlessly over the tree tops and see the real Florida from literally a birds eye view! See areas of swamps and forest untouched by human hands. Wildlife is everywhere and photo opportunities are endless. Flight program is offered each morning at sunrise and includes a pre-flight briefing with the pilot, a one hour flight, Champagne ceremony, full buffet breakfast and first flight certificate. Reservations are required. Book online. Reduced rates for ages 10 to 15 and children 9 and under are FREE with a full paid adult.
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I never thought I'd be in a Hot Air Balloon. This was a really great experience; something that I added and checked off my bucket list, on the same day. The added bonus, was the buffet breakfast, at the end of the flight.

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 10 reviews
"balloon company"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 2 reviews
in 22 reviews
"land"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I purchased this experience for my husband's birthday. The entire experience was amazing, topped of by our pilot, Jon!! The experience starts with assisting in the inflation of the balloon. That, itself, is awesome. The take-off cannot even be felt. The baskets have seats. Flight time was near an hour. Very intimate and individualized. Jon was quite informative, experienced and entertaining. I would recommend this company over all. Many companies have large numbers of people in the baskets--this company specializes in the smaller baskets. Another plus--"full breakfast buffet" at the conclusion of the trip; not just pastries and drinks.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

WOW What a delightful experience. A lovely family owned operation. Was apprehensive at first but less anxiety than a ferris wheel ride. Very safe and secure.
Every aspect of the day was truly outstanding. Put it on your BUCKET LIST...I promise you that you will not regret it.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

When my partner informed me that we would be taking a balloon flight whilst on holiday in Florida, I was scared at the thought, we watched videos of large baskets with 15-20 people on board which really concerned me. Having viewed Thompson Aire's website, my mind was put at ease by their experience and description of how the day would go, knowing they take a maximum of 6/8 per flight. On the morning of the flight we were collected from our hotel at around 5.20am, and driven to another hotel for our briefing. It was informative and assisted with calming any nerves. Jeff is a brilliant person to do this with, he is extremely passionate and it's clear he loves what he does. We then were driven to the launch area in a field amongst some orange trees. It didn't take too long for the balloon to inflate and then we were smoothly brought into the air. Little did I know at the time my partner had arranged for this to be a very special flight. We were the only ones in the balloon and shortly into the flight, the ground crew below held up a sign asking if I would marry him! I said yes of course. The hot air balloon flight is a once in a lifetime experience and I would recommend it to everyone. I am so glad that we picked Jeff and his team to be part of this special day, he made the whole experience even better (even the cheesy jokes!).