“Fulfillment Of A Life Long Dream”
Review of Stallion 51

Stallion 51
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly an Authentic WWII Mustang. Stallion 51 offers the rare opportunity to experience the legendary P-51 Mustang and the historic T-6 Texan in flight as well as the Introduction to UAT flights at the controls of the L-39 Turbo Jet. Orientation and Introductory flights are with experienced instructors who allow you to take the controls in dual-cockpit, dual-control authentic vintage aircraft. Hands-on orientation flights include pre and post flight briefing, video recording of your flight, photo and flight training certificate. Stallion 51 has been a leader in WWII and Vintage aviation for over 25 years; keeping aviation history exciting, available and safe for everyone. Visitors are always welcome to tour Stallion 51's facilities.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Visited Stallion 51 with my Wife on the 21st of September 2017,
for a life long dream to fly Crazy Horse 1,a TF-51D Mustang.
We were welcomed by Beth who quickly dealt with the
administration and introduced us to Marco Rusconi
my Pilot/Instructor for the flight.

Marco gave me the most fantastic flight ever,i will never forget
the experience of flying the Mustang for most of the flight
and even landing it,that was special as i am a private pilot.
Marco is a great Pilot and a true professional,
he is now a friend for life.

Stallion 51 are a very professional dedicated team
of aviation experts,they welcome you with open arms
and treat you as one of their own,
you are accepted as a member of the Family for life
and all of them are really nice genuine people.

May i thank everyone for everything,in particular,
Marco,Beth,KT,Kelly,Greg,John,Peter and Zac.

If you want to fulfill a dream,visit Stallion 51,they understand
and will give it to you.

Thank you everyone,Ron.

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Ron, Welcome to the Stallion 51 family! We enjoyed sharing the cockpit of our P-51 Mustang with you and so glad you enjoyed it as well. Until then next time, Mustangs Forever! KT Budde-Jones

All reviews
"airline pilot"
"air force"
"private pilot"

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by Stallion 51 on the way to Key West and got an amazing tour by KT. I've been a warbird fan since I was a kid and KT provided many more nuggets of info I never thought of regarding the various aircraft. Her interaction with four young boys was great and hearing about her various life adventures was very interesting. Great facility, great people, great mission. Hope to come back and do a few loops in the future. Thanks KT !!

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Steve, It is always a privilege to share aviation history with our guests. We have so much of it to share at Stallion 51 Flight Ops; the great warbirds we have hangared at our facility, the veterans that we have shared the cockpit of our dual cockpit dual control Mustangs with and the history of Kissimmee Gateway Airport that was built at the beginning of WWII as well as the amazing aviation history of Florida. It was a privilege to share that history with your family. Looking forward to having you come back to share the cockpit with us. KT Budde-Jones.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

As a child I was fascinated by airplanes, and knew that one day I'd have to fly one myself. I'd devour books, reading technical manuals and memoirs alike, and fell in love with WWII warbirds.

July, 1986: I'm strapped into a glider for a pre-solo check flight with a World War II Spitfire pilot. Apparently my flying was ok, because the flight was him telling me stories about flying the Spitfire. After that flight I knew that one day I'd have to fly a warbird.

May 18, 2017: I'm strapped into a TF-51, about to realize that dream, and the adrenaline is racing through my body faster than the fighter I am about to fly....

Let's backtrack that day a little bit first.

From the first time you contact Stallion 51 you know that this place loves their aircraft and their customers. Communication is prompt, professional, and friendly. All the information you need to know before your visit is presented to you, and you can ask all the questions you want. I had originally planned this flight in 2015 but it fell through, so a last minute trip to Orlando this year meant I could fulfill my dream, and everything was set for May 18 at 0800.

Pulling up to the hanger after an drive from Disney took my breath away. The rear door was open, and I could see the beautiful profile of a Mustang silhouetted against the clear sky. I remembered to put the car in park, got out, and went up and was greeted like family by the great staff. Moments later, Steve, my pilot, brought me down to do a briefing and figure out just how this flight was going to go.

We talked about flying and my outdated experience as a pilot, but he assured me that I'd recall all my training and would do fine. I was skeptical, as my heart was racing and the adrenaline started to flow faster. Steve's calm manner boosted my confidence, and after changing into a loaner flight suit, we walked to the Mustang and did a walk around.

I've seen Mustangs up close many times, but knowing that I'd be getting in and going up meant this was the most beautiful plane I'd ever see. I was then guided into the back seat, strapped in, and got the safety briefing.

(Here is where I caution you that this experience is not for everybody: you must be able to fit into the cockpit safely, and you must understand that there is some risk involved when flying high performance aircraft. But remember that the most dangerous part of your day will be the drive to and from the airport on the highway!)

We're now in the aircraft, strapped in, helmets on, and going through the checklist. The engine roars to life, and your heart races in tune with the RPMs. A quick taxi to the active runway, and we're off!

Mere minutes after takeoff, I hear the magical words: "You have control." I squeeze the radio button, say, "I have control", and my dream is realized. Right hand on the stick, left on the throttle, feet on the rudders...I move them, and the Mustang answers my input cleanly. It flies easier than you'd think it would, and I was in awe of the power and sensation.

Slow flight...stalls...wingovers....aileron rolls....barrel rolls....a loop. Steve calmly talked me through all of these, and I still can't believe that I managed to do these maneuvers myself! His guidance gave me the confidence to do these, and while I'm not pleased with the lack of smoothness on my part, I'm going to chalk it up to the adrenaline. Yeah....the adrenaline. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

The hour flew by...pun intended...and then back to the airport for a bumpy landing. I'll blame the strong crosswind for this one, and the video will back me up that it wasn't just my rusty airmanship! Steve talked me through the taxing and I managed to s-turn without going into the ditch, so I guess I did ok...

The adrenaline was still pumping...hadn't run out of it, surprisingly....and I shakily got out of the Mustang with a huge smile on my face that has barely faded, even to this day. We debriefed, going over the video of the flight, and went over my weak points with constructive criticism on how I could improve for next time. Next time! My heart soars thinking about doing this again!

I reluctantly left to go back to my wife, the staff giving me warm hugs and invitations to return anytime. I came as a stranger...and feel like I left as family.

That was my experience...so what will yours be like?

That's up to you. This is an interactive ride that isn't pre set. You love roller coasters and want to get thrown all over the sky? They can do that, and all you have to do is sit back and tell them "more!" or "ease up I'm gonna hurl!" You want a calm ride, where you don't bank more than you would in an airliner, and take a tour over central Florida? You can do that too. You're a pilot? Great...do as much of the flying as you want and that your skill set allows! You've never flown anything? That's great too...you're under professional instruction and will be told what to do, how to do it, and your pilot will be backing you on the controls so you don't get into trouble. You think you want a wild ride, but it's too much? No problem...turn that aerobatic flight into a calm tourist ride....or start with the calm tourist ride, and realize you want to roll and loop and soar! They'll do what they can to ensure your ride is tailored to your desires and will leave you with the most exhilarating experience you've ever had.

I unconditionally recommend this awesome experience!

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

WOW, we could not ask for a better review than the one you gave us. Stallion 51 prides itself in not only meeting expectations but surpassing them. But even more important to us is that "you came as a stranger but left as family", to quote you. That means a lot to us and thank you for letting us know that you had a great time sharing the cockpit with us. Until the next time........KT Budde-Jones

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I went to Orlando with my 11-year-old grandson. We enjoyed three days together at Disney and three days together at Universal. The rides at the theme parks were terrific. We had a fantastic time together. But the flight with Stallion 51's Marco Rusconi in a T-6 was the absolute highlight of my trip. Marco is an excellent and true professional instructor pilot. Anyone would enjoy training with Marco! We spent about an hour on the ground talking about flying in general and flying the 1944 T-6 in particular. We then went out to the aircraft and completed a pre-flight check. After I climbed into the cockpit, Marco carefully explained everything I needed to know to fly the airplane. Marco then allowed me to take off (I'm a certified pilot), talked me through various aerobatic maneuvers (I had no prior aerobatic experience), and allowed me to land this classic T-6 airplane. What a thrill. Wingovers, loops, barrel rolls, and more. Cannot recommend this experience enough to anyone interested in real flying! Thanks Marco, great job!

MustangOps, Public Relations Manager at Stallion 51, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

John, So glad that your flight with Stallion 51 stood out from all the attractions in the Kissimmee area. We pride ourselves in the "real thrill" experience we offer our guests. Thank you for sharing part of your vacation with us. Until next time, KT Budde-Jones