VACATION VILLAGE AT PARKWAY
Check-in—Very courteous, requested two key cards, comes along with an envelope size of cards and a fold out map of the complex attached to envelope. We arrived early and were given a room overlooking the pool on the 7th floor. We could have waited till 4pam for another room we were given an option of changing if not satisfied. We were referred to another desk where we were to pick up parking placard. Lady invited us to check out a new unit 80 dollar gift card as incentive. We declined, last we heard from them about timeshare. Some road construction going on. No problem getting around detour.
We arrived at the building (11) pulled into a loading circle. Got a cart (probably because of our early check-in). My wife checked out the room before unloading. She was satisfied. We unloaded our luggage and a wheeled them to the room. Lobby spotless, elevator spotless, very little wait time. 7th floor lobby and hallway spotless. Appointments in the rooms were very attractive and tastefully decorated. Very nice balcony looking out onto the pool. Now, here was the surprise. This was a lockout unit. The outside door opened into a small foyer where there two locked doors. We had a key for both doors. We opened one door and it opened into a large of the two units. My wife made the arrangements and asked for a two bedroom unit. We were a little confused at first but accepted this as what they had to offer. I often have trouble sleeping so I slept in the lockout. This worked out for my wife and four year old grandson. The second door opened into the lockout unit. We had access to both. The lockout was a typical lockout. Small kitchen, no stove, microwave, queen size bed. This room is as spotless as the main apartment. When I say spotless I mean I looked behind the bed, in the corners, everywhere I generally see an accumulation of dirt that was missed many times. Even under the cushions. Not a speck! Two tvs, one in bedroom and one with a dvd in the sitting area. Nice bathroom, regular tub and shower. Both main unit and lockout had a large private balcony, very nice. The apartment is larger. Dining and sitting area on large room. Nice sized kitchen with required utensils, dishwasher. Bathroom, two bowled sink, walk in shower standard toilet. Bedroom, chacuzzi tub, king bed with fitted bottom sheets, How many times have you been to time share with fitted sheets? Both units had sofa beds. The building is large and the units were separated by walls to the next unit. We never heard our neighbors, even the outside noise was muffled and not bothersome except for one night which I will later report on. Big plus in my book .
The pool and area around the pool was always clean. There was a place to get towels and there were no questions for room number. The pool was no deeper than 5 ft and was 3 ft at the most shallow. A small pool where water came from a fixture shaped like a mushroom and it came down like a waterfall. A hot tub large enough to accommodate several persons. There were large spotlights on top of the building that lit up the pool area after dark. They stayed on until midnight. There was a playground in between buildings 7 and 8. It was not large but antiquate. My grandson enjoyed it. There was a boardwalk which connected some of the buildings and it also served as a wildlife preserve for birds and it identified different plants and trees. The many staff members were very courteous even to our four year old grandson. There was an activity schedule listed on the elevator wall. We did not participate in any of them.
We were about a mile and one-half from Disney’s main entrance. We were about five miles from Magic Kingdom and about 5 miles from Sea World via route 4.
I am giving the review for my stay in April which would probably be off season. When the complex is fully occupied it may be a different story. Parking was adequate but may be more challenging in vacation season. The one complaint I had was a loud group staying in one apartment. The noise came from one of the balconies. In all fairness we did not call to complain so I do not know how they would deal with that. One other thing, There was a young couple waiting for a room. They had two daughters, one maybe four years old and the other only about one year old. The little one was sick and had a fever. They could not get into their room and had their children at the playground trying to occupy the four old. I would have thought there could have been an effort to accommodate this family. All and all I would give this vacation rental and A.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway
- Vacation Village At Parkway Kissimmee, Florida