“Good Food. Needs Work on Service.”
Review of Posto 9 - CLOSED

Posto 9
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: When asked what we love and miss most about Brazil, our answer is always the same: the cuisine. Posto 9 was born from our desire to bring the best of Brazilian fare and culture to the community we now call home. Right here in Lakeland, Chef Annie uses fresh, local ingredients to create culinary art with a bold Brazilian flavor. Each dish and cocktail is perfectly prepared, beautifully presented, and as mouthwatering as can be. Reunite with family over delectable bites, or reminisce with friends at Posto 9. No matter the occasion, an evening to remember is in store. Posto 9 recently awarded Best New Restaurant - Golden Spoon 2017 by the Florida Trend magazine; and nominated to Top 50 Restaurant of Tampa Bay 2018 by the Tampa Bay Times.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was our first trip to Posto 9. Let me start by saying this was a review of Easter Brunch 2018 and the food, while lukewarm, was really good. It was pretty busy downstairs, and we expected delays but nothing like what we experienced. Nothing other than being seated prior to our reservation time was positive. Clearly this restaurant had reserved the rooftop for a private party due to the number of guests, chairs and tables being hustled upstairs, and all the food that left the kitchen went there, completely ignoring the bottom level...from drink refills, to bar service, to food. For iced tea that comes from a pitcher, there is no excuse for no refills. After about an hour we checked on our food, and a manager (?) came over and apologized. We asked for drink refills and were about ready to walk out, cut our losses and go elsewhere, but decided to wait another 10. Manager came again, said she had comped our wine bottle and apologized profusely. Great, but we were starving.
Food finally came out as she was apologizing, an hour and 20 after we sat down. This restaurant was on the top 50 of Tampa Bay which led us to try it, but unless they can get their service together they will never survive. We won't be back.

Posto9Gastropub, General Manager at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Karen,
Again, thank you for the feedback. The Team has met and discussed your visit to ensure we improve our standards. Though we know we won't get it right 100% of the time, we strive every day as a Team to ensure that all guests leave having an enjoyable experience. However, when we fail, we like to do our best to make things right. We didn't have an event on the Rooftop, but we failed to serve you in a timely manner, nonetheless. I know you mentioned picking up the glass & bottle of wine wasn't necessary, it was still important for us to do something for you. Again, we sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I looked up this restaurant on Tripadvisor and after reading some of the reviews, I decided that I needed to check this place out. Bringing my lovely friend with me made the experience even more enjoyable and we definitely had no regrets. As soon as we walked inside the restaurant, we were already impressed.The interior of this restaurant is quite stunning and has an elegant aesthetic, which I love. The bartender was very welcoming and gave us good suggestions on wine and what to eat.This restaurant does a creative take on Brazilian cuisine and we enjoyed every single bite of food. I would definitely return to try out their other dishes, whether I'm by myself or with even more friends.

Marco F, Owner at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank-you for your kind words! We do look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I had the distinct pleasure of eating brunch here today for the first time. The eggs Benedict were beautiful in presentation, and very savory. I think this may be an every Sunday experience for me from now on. They have an open Mamosa and bloody Mary bar as well. I met Greg who was very attentive and was running the show today. And Annie, who made my beautiful brunch. To dine on the Rooftop restaurant was just an added Bonus to an already pleasurable experience!

Marco F, Owner at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

All of us at Posto 9 would like to thank-you for your review!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Our party of 4 discovered this place after trying to get into the area favourite (which was overly busy with a lineup, busy and noisy). This place has small round tables, as well as the usual rectangle ones. Chairs are very comfortable. Noise level is low. The Owner greeted us, the manager came to the table and servers were friendly and efficient. Granted, it was early and they were not busy. Although, later they were expecting a wedding party of 60, which would be on the third floor rooftop. they have an elevator.
Food is very good. The grilled salmon, grouper, stroganoff, and chicken dishes were cooked to perfection. Prices were in line with other restaurants in the area of this calibre.

Marco F, Owner at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank-you for the great review! Look forward to seeing you soon. - The Posto 9 Team

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I recently moved to Lakeland and didn't know where to take a friend visiting from the UK. Fortunately he found this restaurant on Open Table. We've been there twice in two weeks. love the casual atmosphere and the food. First trip i had the Salmon with passion fruit, a perfect combination. Last trip I choose an appetizer as my main meal with plans to try one of their desserts. I had the fried green tomatoes, and stopped because I was full. My guest had the grouper dish first, and the second time had the daily special which was red snapper. He said they were both good. The prices were what I expected to pay for food of that caliber. The service both times was excellent. Quick to be seated, though we had reservations, and the servers were friendly and knowledgable. I'm not a fan of Brazilian restaurants generally. Although they have that type of entrees, there are plenty of other choices. Will definitely return, maybe just for dessert sometime.

Marco F, Owner at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

It's wonderful that you enjoyed your experience, Rosie -- we're thrilled you're a fan! Come see us again soon