“ Authentic German Experience ”
Review of German Bistro II

German Bistro II
Ranked #1 of 322 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Tonight my husband & I followed TripAdvisor reviews & had a lovely dinner here. We called & made a reservation & were seated promptly by the owner when we arrived. Quaint little restaurant with a friendly atmosphere.

As we were seated the waitress placed some delicious coleslaw & bread with butter on the table. My husband started with 3 huge potato pancakes with his choice of sour cream or applesauce. I had a small salad. My husband ordered the knack wurst which came as 3 lengths & he chose German potato salad & spaetzle as his sides. I had their special which I cannot begin to pronounce but was a huge chicken cutlet that had been pan sautéed with fresh mushrooms & spinach & a delicious cream sauce poured over it. It was scrumptious. I also had the spaetzle which were perfectly cooked & had a light butter flavor.

We ended the meal with apple strudel which was warm & served with ice cream. It was a very large portion.

My husband & I both took home enough leftovers for another meal.

Our festive bonus was a sweet little fellow that played the accordion while we ate.

Great food, atmosphere & experience. Can't wait to have company so we can take them to our new favorite place.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had seen the excellent reviews for German Bistro 2 for some time. Typically, German food is not our favorite. But we decided to give it a try. We were very favorably surprised.

The restaurant is small and located in an innocuous strip center just down from a Thai restaurant that we’ve been to many times. The owner, a charming and funny lady from Germany, helped us work our way through the menu and to make excellent choices.

We were then given some very nice coleslaw and bread to start with. For main courses, we had a delicious Veal Goulasch and a really good Schweinebraten. The red cabbage side was fantastic. For dessert, we had their very nice strudel with ice cream.

We had a wonderful time and we would be happy to return.

1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband and I eat at German Bistro 2 every chance we can. But every year in July we eat there to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere is so warm and cozy.
The food awesome and the service outstanding. I love the potato salad and the coleslaw. All the choices are great. Be sure to make a reservation. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Four of us went for dinner on a weekend night and luckily made a reservation. I was very happy we did. The owner and her daughter run the 7 table location and do a great job. Any questions you have will be answered if you are unsure about what to order. There are nightly specials made fresh everyday. The potato pancakes are also fresh every order. The spaetzle is homemade and so are all the dishes. No frozen and reheat here. Sauces are heavy and you might want to put a little off to the side of your plate. Portions are large and my leftovers the next day were even more flavorful! You will be given bread (brot) and a little cabbage salad as an amuse-bouche. Be sure and try it. I would recommend everything. Oh, the weekends have an accordion player and he never takes a break. Amazing man. The beer is good and German. NOTE: I am German/American and the owner, Irena, who is from Munich, cooks very much like my late mother did. I will be going back soon..........try and save room for dessert. The strudel and Black Forest cake are homemade too! If you are vegan, call the day before and you will be accommodated.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Grew up in Germany, 1/2 German. Great place to eat, and great atmosphere. Family owned from what I recall.

Date of visit: March 2017