“CoOwner Martha Ruined My Meal”

Blue Moon Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Commercial & Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Recipient of numerous awards for culinary excellence, the restaurant is known as one of the finest dining establishments on America’s east coast serving fresh seafood by the waterway. It is a well-known fact that Blue Moon offers the finest waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale and is in the top tier of acclaimed restaurants within the entire South Florida region. Blue Moon's elegant interior dining room is decorated in authentic Art Deco style with high ceilings, inlaid wood, carved accents and frosted art glass partitions featuring an underwater theme. There's nothing quite as magical as enjoying an expertly crafted gourmet meal on the Blue Moon terrace where the boats pass by in graceful motion throughout the day and night.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family has enjoyed many meals with good service at this restaurant. We brought my family for Easter brunch, as we do every year. Food was excellent and so was the service. Why the low rating?
I had my husband, my son and his fiancé with me at the Easter Bruch... During brunch, you can pick what you want to eat from set table areas. I saw an Easter chocolate bunny, just like the ones at Walgreens that sell for about $2. and brought it to my table thinking that it was part of the brunch selection.
Imagine my surprise and embarrassment when this woman came to our table and identified herself as owner Martha and took away the chocolate that we were getting ready to eat! She said that the chocolate bunny was there for decoration only and there was one more seating that had to enjoy the bunny for decoration! I had no way of knowing that the chocolate bunny placed around the food was not for me to pick to eat! If it was so important for Martha to have items on display with food forbidden to be eaten, some kind of notification should be given in writing next to the eatable item so that customers can be aware that the particular food cannot be eaten.
I have contacted Martha’s 2 male partners in the business which are unaware of what this woman is doing to the customers.
If you go for brunch: Check with Martha first about what she allows you to eat or what she has for display.

4  Thank karen_ralph
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We so looked forward to returning on our vacation again this year. We LOVE their blackened mahi mahi with lobster and shrimp Mac and peas. It’s simply amazing. Their key lime pie is equally as scrumptious. Although the prices are a bit steep, well worth it for a nice dinner in our opinion.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my teenagers for spring break. Very nice white table cloth dining experience right on the inter coastal. We had a little bit of everything seafood tower, seafood pasta, steak and mahi, mahi everything was very good and fresh. Save room for desert because those are A plus as well - key lime pie to the beignets all done well. They have a kids menu to cover for those who don’t do fish. Not cheap ($100/ person) but well worth it if looking for the whole package.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our experience there tonight with Our table right on the water over at Francis very positive food was very tasty service was outstanding overall terrific experience

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I went a few times to this place for lunch when they used to run a buy one get one for everything on their menu.

Yes you heard me correctly, everything!
So far in the past between 2007-2009 when I used to live in town there,
I have tried their Main Courses like Yellow Tail Snapper, Appetizers, and Desserts!
All were delicious and fresh!

Don't know if they still offer the 2 for 1 specials, but you can call them to find out.

Even if they don't remember that the good is great!