See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2015

We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean room, 2 double beds, newly painted and updated bathroom. We had a corner room with balcony. We had previously stayed at the main Courtyard Villa, which we enjoyed, but this was every bit as nice and much quieter. Although there is no one in lobby, the place is secure. Five digit code used to enter building from front entrance or parking garage. Vena, the housekeeper, checked with us daily for anything we needed. For $99 a night, across from the beach, it was a great find. Only thing I could say re improvement to room was to update the carpeting.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

please dont go. i stayed last xmas and it cost me 170.00 per nite. when we arrived we were told that there was a leakage from rm above so be careful. upon opening the door to room which is located on the beach we found a room the size of my bedroom at home. the bed nearly touched the bureau and to pass by each other at end of bed we had to turn sideways as there was no room for 2 of us to go by. it was so damp and moldy that the bedspread was wet and i had to mop up the floor because it was still wet from earlier spillage. it really should not be considered a room but a storage room. the fridge was full of rust. the pool is just too small. the girl who worked at the desk was very pleasant and offered us a room at there other hotel across the street called the courtyard villas. at least the room was big and clean. when i arrived back home i asked for a refund because the room that i had transfered to was cheaper and not on the beach i was given the run a round. the manager was so rude to me. she said why didnt i ask for refund while i was staying at motel? she also said i must have liked the room i was first given because it took me 2 hours before i decided to change rooms she then said that the hotel across the street cost the same as the one i was in so no refund. however if you go on line the courtyard is cheaper.i finally did get my refund which i was thankful for. all in all the motel needs to be torn down, it has too much mold, it smells,and its just not worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stephanie c
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Please do not stay here. Hotel doubles as a hotel and rehab.
Appears lovely outside but beware.
Very awkward setup. Do not think the building was meant to be a typical resort hotel. Hasn't been touched since it was built in the 99's. stained carpets, torn drapery and dirty bedspreads. Not to mention the rest. Had to buy my own cleaning supplies to disinfect.
To top it all off no one runs the desk. It's a deserted lobby. You need to reach management in a different location.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank LadyBozo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The Buena Vista Hotel represents itself as
a Hotel. It's more than that. Not only is it
Poorly run , but it doubles as a Drug and
Alcohol rehab. Our room was located on
the 3rd fl. The rehab was on the 2nd fl.We
were told not to go there, but not why.
I could go on about how you can't get any
One working on a week end or how my
Niece had go out and buy cleaning wipes
to clean the room after she found it so dirty.
It seems that no attempt is being made
to up grade a hotel that was once a nice
Place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Cop84
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The place is outdated, dirty, overpriced, and most of all unsafe. The elevator inspection certificate was expired since 2010. I have never been at a hotel or motel without a telephone in the room. So unbelievable! There were no photos on the website of the rooms which I understand now why. It such a shame because from the outside the building is very nice.The so called front desk is across the road and most of the time no one is available to help you or willing to help you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family