“Fried Green Tomatoes ”
Review of Laurel Hill Grill

Laurel Hill Grill
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I was home visiting family in DeFuniak Springs when my mom said she was craving fried green tomatoes. We usually make a trip over each time I come to town. This was my first time coming in for supper. We all ordered the ribeye steak with soup or salad and 2 sides. It was way more food than any of us could finish, and did I say how good everything was? The steak was tender and tasty. There was no need to add sauce because it was full of flavor. I had the baked potato and fried okra. It was all delicious. I opted for the soup and that night it was potato. It was different from any other potato soup that I've ever had, but it was good. (Better than Cracker Barrel's)

As for the green tomatoes...they are slap yo momma good!! Out of respect for Momma, I wouldn't suggest it, though. They do not skimp either. The plate is full.

I have not had the opportunity to try one of their many desserts because I'm way too full. If they taste as good as they look, I am seriously missing out. We actually discussed going back one afternoon just for fried green tomatoes and dessert. Unfortunately as all vacations do, we ran out of time and never made it back. Until next time...

1  Thank MelonyJ1990

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Laurel Hill isn't one of those places you're bound to travel through or to. It's tinier than Mayberry, way off the beaten path, little more than a traffic light and a gas station. But the Laurel Hill Grill is one sweet surprise, a diamond for this rough little neck of the woods. I've eaten there on three different occasions now while visiting family. Be sure to go. The portions are country healthy, the food is tasty, served hot (or cold, as are their salads), correctly prepared ( medium rare ribeye that was actually medium rare - a feat many better restaurants don't seem to be able to achieve), reasonably priced, and efficiently served. Everyone there is friendly, and even though I come infrequently, they always remember me. So if you're anywhere near the area, tis is a must-make stop.

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

The food was ok and service was marginal, but it was reasonably priced. Not a bad place to eat, by any means.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I love this little restaurant. Service is always great and friendly and their food is wonderful. The drive is well worth the wait to eat.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Rode up to Laurel Hill for breakfast with a friend. Restaurant was clean and staff were friendly. I ordered a mixed breakfast of eggs and biscuits and gravy and loved it... Plenty of food. My friend ordered eggs and such and enjoye their food as we'll... Will go here again.