“Pleasant resort restaurant”

Viento Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #16 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Enjoy Relaxed Waterfront Dining at Viento Kitchen and Bar. When the sun and sand help you work up an appetite, pull up a seat at our trendy restaurant and wine bar. Our innovative menu and extensive wine list are sure to end the day as impressively as it began.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a very pretty space on the second floor of the resort. Many tables have views over the beach. We sampled both breakfast and lunch, which were very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Agita was a fabulous server. The food was spectacular and the wine was yummy. Kudos to the chef. The manager/host was plain rude. He was escorting another couple and said make way - coming through. He then yelled at our server while she was talking to to us about who was coming to work that evening. Seriously?! She was waiting on customers!!! >:(

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Don't miss this great new restaurant at the new Zota Beach Resort in lovely Longboat Key. My husband and I just completed our first stay at Zota, and we are huge fans! We had a lovely outdoor lunch overlooking the pool and beach on Friday afternoon. The lovely restaurant was almost empty at noon, as it is still a new and hidden gem! I would highly recommend the restaurant for a quiet business lunch or romantic dinner destination. The restaurant and bar menus are extensive with excellent choices for vegetarians or carnivores. I enjoyed a really lovely cheese and charcuterie platter, and my guests really enjoyed their lunch salads with shrimp, fruits and vegetables.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

In light of the recent senseless murders that took place at Zota Resort, my friends and I decided to try and support the place. We had been there previously a couple of weeks after they had opened in June this year.

The service is excellent. Our server, Colleen, was extremely kind and patient. First time had split a bison burger and it was juicy and delicious. This time (had it cooked the same--medium), it lacked flavor and was dry. I got the Shrimp Napoli. Shrimp was ok, but probably frozen, since they did not hold much flavor. The Napoli sauce had tons of garlic and chunks of tomato--didn't add much to the shrimp. The polenta tots were described with several flavor layers. They were good, but could only taste the olive tappenade--no hint of orange flavor and also did not taste the balsamic, though I could see the drizzle. Ordered a DreamSicle (drink) for dessert. Not enough orange flavor--skip the vanilla stoli and use all orange. Though should have been packed with liquor, didn't get the slightest "buzz". The manager was very kind and made a large batch of the Dreamsicle (enough so my two other friends had one, too). So, service excellent, atmosphere very good, but food disappointing. On an island with other restaurants with very good to excellent food, this was a disappointment, especially since it is only two doors away from my beach condo and LOVE to be able to walk to lunch or whatever. OOPS - the fries were very good and especially liked the sauce (not the ketchup) that came with them.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Came here for lunch. Space may be better suited to dinner since there is very little view. Main restaurant is completely interior; bar are is limited view of beach. Balance is view of hotel rooms. Food was nice but pricey. Menu was limited.

Been to Viento Kitchen and Bar? Share your experiences!