“Arrived by waverunner”

Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious fresh Florida seafood meal inside the quaint dining room, on the outdoor covered deck or under the ancient Buttonwood Trees overlooking picturesque Sarasota Bay. Farm to fork, gulf to table and pasture to plate. It's waterfront dining with a unique atmosphere. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit. Voted #1 place to Dock and Dine with our own private 14 slip dock. There is no place quite like the Mar Vista for real Florida dining.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

It was ok. Overpriced though. Ordered a watermelon tomato salad. I got 4 little tomatoes. Way too much Watermelon. I think they forgot the salad. Just a few pieces of Arugala. Took our sandwich to go. They knew we were in a waverunner. Did not wrap it up for us. Not going to be returning

Anthony C, General Manager at Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Nancy P,
Sorry to hear that your Watermelon tomato salad was not up to par. I am not sure what happened with our portioning. I will pass along your comments to Chef. Please contact me directly in hopes I can help you regain your confidence with us as one of your regular stops. Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,
Anthony Cucci

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I had the fresh catch of the day (grouper). It came with rice and a vegetable. The grouper was excellent but a very small portion. I was still hungry when I left and the total bill was higher than expected.

Thank you Craig C for your recent visit and review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the fresh grouper, house rice and farm fresh vegetables. Sorry to hear that your were not pleased with the portion size. I will speak with Chef Erik about your comments and hopefully find out what happened. Please come in and see us again soon and ask for me or Chef Erik and we will make sure your next meal will not have you leave here hungry. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Visited for dinner, server Zac was great! He had great recommendations and info about the restaurant. The food did not disappoint either-especially the tots. Love that the restaurant is eco-conscious too!

Thanks Heather C for your recent visit and wonderful review of the Mar Vista. I will make sure that Zac is recognized for his exceptional knowledge and service. Feel free to ask for me on your next visit if there is anything I can do to make your dining experience a better one.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We went there for lunch and was enjoying eating there oysters and clams chowder it was delicious and quick service was excellent and friendly personal the day was beautiful and the food was delicious the oysters were large and fresh we really enjoyed the day and we definitely want to go back.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Was not happy with food, service and prices. The beach house is much better. Shame thought would try after they updated. Will not be back

1  Thank John L

John L,
It is our goal to serve only the freshest locally caught fish and seafood, choice beef and chicken, farm fresh vegetable and expertly prepared dishes in a casual laid back Ol' Florida atmosphere with exceptional service at reasonable prices. It sounds like we missed our mark with you. Please come in and see us again soon and ask for me or Chef Erik and we can guide you thru our menu or create something special for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,