“Best lobster roll ever”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I had lunch here with 3 friends. I had the lobster salad - not actually on the menu but I asked for a Caesar with lobster roll filling (no bread) and our very helpful wait person (Peter) was happy to oblige. It was a "girls" birthday lunch. I whispered it to Peter and he came up with a piece of Key Lime pie with a candle on the house. We sat right near the water and the slight breeze on a hot afternoon was perfect. My Caesar salad dressing was slightly too vinegary but the lobster was divine. My friend had the mussels in a tasty broth. Be sure to call ahead for an outside table - not always easy to find.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Repeat visitor and have never had a bad meal.Always find the Red Snapper & Grouper excellent.Had pasta with fish this time and was excellent .Salad starter was also very good. Staff always pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten dinner here three times - twice this last trip. The food is simply delicious and the views are lovely. The staff is friendly and attentive. There's always a wait - but we never mind enjoying a drink outside watching the pelicans and the sunset. Our last visit was particularly memorable. The wait was longer than usual owing to the rain forecast. When my husband checked on it, the staff set us up almost immediately outside right on the water and could not have been more attentive - they even treated us to a complimentary piece of Key Lime pie! This favorite has become even more so for us because of the fantastic staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Looking out on the bay, enjoying a great meal. The seafood chowder both white and red are excellent. My husband had chili and loves it. The coconut shrimp salad with pina coloda dressing was delicious. Six happy eaters, a true Florida experience. Judy is a Great waitress

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This was a repeat stop for this year's vacation. I had the sea bass and it was excellent. Easily the best fish/seafood meal I've ever had. The setting is right on the water which provides a nice view with a few pelicans to entertain. Our waitress, Josephine, was efficient, pleasant, and made good recommendations.