“Excellent Seafood Place - Great Sauces ”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The Dry Dock is a great seafood restaurant in the Sarasota, FL area. We went there for a girls lunch/dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. My mom had the lobster and shrimp which she thoroughly enjoyed (she wasn't too fond of the potatoes or veggies that came as the sides - the veggies were flavorless and very watery). My sister had the lobster rolls which were yummy. I had the salmon burger. The salmon was well cooked and the mayo that comes with it was delicious. We also decided to try the grouper bites as a starter. They were good but the sauce it came with was amazing. It seems like this restaurant has amazing home made sauces. The service was excellent and the prices are reasonable. I would recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,281)

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my Girlfriend had never been to Dry Dock and were down on vacation in the area and we were VERY impressed with the food and the atmosphere we arrived around 7 just in time for the sunset views and it was great we had the seafood linguine and it was amazing and for desert we had the chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and just a great way to finish off dinner the only thing I would have to say is parking whenever you park if you have a decent sized truck and are parking there for dinner don't go around the corner where it says the parking is because it is a single lane road and is a pain trying to park and turn around down there because cars in parking spots to your right and parking on the edge of the little road on your left and makes for a pain to get out epsically when other cars are following you down the road and you have to tell them to back up to get out other then that it was a fantastic dinner and we will be back many more times

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for my Birthday dinner and this place is beautiful... you have the option to sit outside on the back patio next to the docks/piers overlooking the Bay (breathtaking views) or inside which gives you a higher vantage point of the Bay. The food was great and the service was EXCELLENT. I would definitely go back, awesome experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The atmosphere and water front view are great and worth the visit. We found the food was average. I would recommend the Dry Dock for the view and a bite.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

As good as advertised. Gulf snapper and shrimp were outstanding. Ambience perfect for dinner on the Key. Must do!!