“WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO”
Review of Hubbard's Marina

Hubbard's Marina
Ranked #4 of 28 Tours in Madeira Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deep sea fishing, party boats, private charter fishing, pleasure cruises, dolphin watching nature cruise and eco tour, sunset cruise with FREE beer and wine, Island ferry boat rides with snorkeling excursion, shelling, beach rentals, cabanas, umbrellas, kayak, paddleboard, segways, beach cruiser bike rentals and much, much more! Hubbard's Marina is the longest running ORIGINAL offshore fishing and dolphin watching company in the entire state of Florida! We started back in 1928 and after over 85 years, were still family owned and operated! "If you're too busy to go fishing, You're just too busy!"
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This sunset cruise was an ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE for my group of 10 which included 4 adults, 4 teenagers, and 2 seniors. Here are a few things to know in advance to set expectations at a reasonable level, 1) If possible, go to the marina to buy your tickets. Figure out where you will be going on the day of departure, look at the boat before you book, and find parking options. If you don't have that much time, book online. I booked this cruise the day of departure and was required to make a reservation by phone. I waited ON HOLD for TWENTY MINUTES. 2) This is an AFFORDABLE sunset cruise compared to others in the area. Therefore, it is popular and SLIGHTLY CROWDED. The boat is NOT terribly ATTRACTIVE, and the NARRATED TOUR is just AVERAGE. 3) We saw a FEW DOLPHIN FINS in the distance but nothing up close. I realize this is not the fault of the tour operator. 4) The SUNSET was AMAZING; 5) Hubbard's gave our group at 10% discount and then proceeded to ADD an 18% GRATUITY. 6) WATER and SODA are NOT COMPLIMENTARY whereas Budweiser Select and boxed white wine are free. In summary, this is A GOOD VALUE, albeit a little quirky.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

My wife and I went on the Sunset Cruise from Hubbard's Marina in John's Pass, and we can't wait to go back next year. The cruise is an hour and a half and offers free beer and wine. The captain, David, was very funny and had us laughing from the moment we pulled away from the dock. The bartender, Kristen, was equally fun, and the two of them played off each other the entire trip. We saw some beautiful houses, learned some cool facts about the area. Obviously, the Sunset Cruise was well known by the locals, as they waved and raised their drinks as we sailed by. Captain David had us all yell to the people at waterfront bars, and then the magic happened. The Gulf of Mexico was prettier than words can describe, and it was neat to see the beaches from that perspective. Kristen handed off a beer to a guy on a paddle board, and he toasted all of us. The music was incredible with something for everyone. By the end of the cruise, they had the whole boat singing along, and I have not laughed that much in a long time. The actual sunset was not that great, but we didn't even care. I only wish that we had not waited until the last night of our stay to go on it. It was the the most wonderful way to end our trip, and I look forward to going next year.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a last minute sunset cruise for our last night on vacation. We looked at several online but we are glad we chose Hubbards. Honestly I think we just assumed it was adults only since they advertised free wine and beer, and that was our fault. Kinda bummed at first it wasn't since this vacation for us was kid free (we have 6). So it's not that we don't like kids, don't get me wrong. All of the kids on our trip were fine, well behaved, and it ended up being really fun.
Hubbard's is out of John's Pass. If you park in the garage and show your cruise ticket its cheaper to park, not sure how much. They have a large office where you check in on the bottom level. Bunch of stuff to buy and whatnot too. They have you wait under another part of the building across from the office and on a normal day, I'm sure it's fine, but since out was hotter then all get out, once the majority of people filed in, it was hotter than... well, you know. Might be a good idea to hook up a fan. Anywho, about 10 min before departure they come get you. You load into the boat. They have a little specheil and then your off. As soon as your're on your way The bar is open. They also had snacks and pop/ water available to purchase. The captain points out local houses, who owns them, that kinda thing, it's interesting. We hit some rain in the bay but it felt nice. Made it a little cooler. They played music over the PA, everyone was singing and dancing. We made it out to the ocean in time for the sunset. It was beautiful! I felt like for the price, it was well worth it. I actually would have paid a little more. I know they can't add more seats, so maybe just a few less people per trip would make it a little more comfortable. Other than that, it was great. We both had a lot of fun.

1  Thank Amy C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This was are 2nd time out. We plan our vacation around making a stop here. Missed last year, waited too long and the boat was full. We have 2 boys 13 & 10 and they love it. We have been on trips with other companies in Destin & Ft. Myers and this is by far the best boat. Bigger and cleaner,in our opinion. That's why we come back here.
The boat does get crowded at time and you do get tangled at times but it's nothing that would keep us away. I think all of us total were tangled 4-5 times taking a total of maybe 8-10 minutes away from fishing. It is frustrating when you are tangled with someone on the other side of the boat, and they keep reeling in and tugging on the pole like they just caught a record setting great white.. out of the staffs control. Maybe in the meeting just touch on this. If it feels like you just caught the biggest fish ever call a deck hand before you pull the person on the other side over board.....but the deck hands will help as soon as they know. They just came be everywhere all the time.
We take our catch up to the Friendly Fisherman and they cook it for us. Something we look forward too and really enjoy doing. We have plenty of keepers to fill us up. They do remind you about tips a lot. I would bet if they were in a restaurant and the server told them about tips while dining and then brought around a tip jar to their table they wouldn't like it. We are going to tip anyway, but it does rub a lot of people the wrong way. The deck hands help out a LOT.. at least on the 2 times we have been out everyone has been great!! We will be back next year..

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Decent trip, had a decent time, met some nice people. Felt like we were packed on a little tight, it was almost not even fun with the amount of people they had on there. Everyone hitting lines, just uncomfortable, but made the most of the trip. Felt very pressured to tip, being a waitress part-time I totally understand the gig, but you don't have to go on and on about tips the whole trip. Mention it maybe once and then just be genuinely kind, I'd appreciate that much more than someone begging for money. But other than those few things It was a good first experience. Something different to do.