“Fresh catch”

Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We have the Freshest Seafood in Madeira Beach! We also serve pasta, steak, Chicken, and Hamburgers.We are located in the world famous Johns Pass. Make sure you try our award winning New England Clam Chowder!
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and son brought in the fish they caught that day and they prepared them for us for lunch. It was a great meal. You don't have to pay for the main dish, but you do have to buy a plate with sides. It was nice eating freshly caught fish.

There are newer reviews for Friendly Fisherman Restaurant

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Second-time here after a year-went upstairs to be seated outside after seeing no available seating downstairs on a Saturday night. Asked the hostess if we could sit outside she told us we needed to go downstairs. When I told the hostess downstairs was full she seemed like she was in disbelief. When we got our food the conch fritters were chewy and tasteless. The rest of the food wasn't that great. My boyfriend went to use the bathroom and an employee was leaning on the divider that was separating the urinals and texting. He had to tell the employee he needed to use the bathroom to get him to move. The employee tried to leave without washing his hands before my boyfriend told him" to wash his freaking hands." Also, don't buy the coconut drinks they are a scam. You do not get a decent sized drink and there was hardly any alcohol in them. Also, they forget to remove the silica packets from the coconuts before putting your drink in there.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My first time here and this place quickly became one of my favorite places to eat in the area. Excellent food! Can sit inside the restaurant or outside and watch the view. Miss the food already!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were a party of 7 and were seated after only 10 minutes of waiting on a busy weeknight. Our server (whose name I regretably forgot! Sorry!) was WONDERFUL even though we had 3 toddler children to content with. She brought them little swords, umbrellas, etc. She was attentive and answered all of our questions and was totally willing to adjust dishes according to our liking.
The food was GREAT. I do NOT like seafood, but was wanting to try some "safe" options. I had crab stuffed tilapia (OMG SO good!) and stole a scallop off my husband's Captain's Platter. My 5 year old fell in love with the fish tenders. EVERYTHING we got was amazing and I would highly recommend for families!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Lunch at johns pass, the clam chowder was awful but the clams themselves were good , plentiful and not chewy, Fla crab cake ok, cheese bits good , nothing to bring me back, just OK